Concerning or natural behavior?

  • Thread starter Thread starter cet98
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Clowns do that all day in my nems also
I think it’s just part of the behavior for anemone hosting , it’s like they are ramming it lol
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3965.jpeg
    IMG_3965.jpeg
    301.3 KB · Views: 29
It's natural behavior but is also cause for concern, if:
  1. The clownfish are too rough, and cause injury to the mouth
  2. The anemone starts to deflate or show signs of stress
  3. The size of the anemone is too small for the size of the clownfish
I've seen and heard stories of clownfish "over-loving" their anemone hosts and killing them. Definitely not intentional, but it happens so needs to be carefully monitored and action taken when things get out of hand.
 
When I see this kind of behavior, I always wonder... how come it does not trigger the anemone's natural feeding response? If the clowns are basically ramming themselves into it, I would have thought the anemone might react like it does with food.
 
This is normal behavior. It can happen if the anemone is expelling waste, if the clowns are feeding it, etc.
I agree they can be too rough, but your anemone looks big enough to handle it.
Watched the video and the mouth is tightly closed, which is a good sign.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new