Conch and clam compatible?

morrisDR

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2022
Messages
161
Reaction score
53
Location
Netherlands
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have a maxima clam on the Sandbed. Because I want a clean Sandbed and a funny snail I thought a conch would be a great invertebrate. I've seen posts of people getting issues with a clam and conch. That the conch was eating the clam. I have doubts of this as a dead clam mostly gets eaten by anything including cleaner shrimp etc. I would like to hear of people that have kept them both in the same tank.

There are two species of conch that I can buy at my LFS shown in the picture

Screenshot_2024-01-02-22-16-34-54_c0dc27f5c07cb0fb3541d6073dfd6932.jpg
 
Last edited:
I used to have both for many months. No issues. I had a fighting conch and a maxima clam. Just be aware that they may accidentally bump the clam if it’s on the sand bed.
 
I used to have both for many months. No issues. I had a fighting conch and a maxima clam. Just be aware that they may accidentally bump the clam if it’s on the sandt
Thank you so much for the reply!
Was your clam on the sandbed? And did it got close to the clam?
 
Sadly I don't think these are fighting conches? Strawberry and dog conch never heard of these names on reef2reef...
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_2024-01-02-22-16-34-54_c0dc27f5c07cb0fb3541d6073dfd6932.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-01-02-22-16-34-54_c0dc27f5c07cb0fb3541d6073dfd6932.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 110
Thank you so much for the reply!
Was your clam on the sandbed? And did it got close to the clam?
Yes and yes. They were never interested in the clam itself. They just wanted to clean the sand or rocks around.
 
Sadly I don't think these are fighting conches? Strawberry and dog conch never heard of these names on reef2reef...
You'll have to do some research. But I think strawberry is similar to fighting conch.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new