Conch not as active anymore

  • Thread starter Thread starter Luan B.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Luan B.

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2024
Messages
84
Reaction score
25
Location
ireland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Is more like a curiosity matter but I’ve notice my strombus conch used to be way more active when the temperature in my tank was around 23 degrees Celsius, my heater was a cheap one from Amazon and very inaccurate, after getting a proper DD heater and controller stable at 25.6 the conch just buried itself in the sand bed and never moved during light period. I had a power loss other day and sure enough the conch was wandering around when the temperature dropped a little bit. Just wondering which one it’s natural behavior and if could be annoyed at the temperature somehow… thanks
 
It could be temperature related. But whenever I had a Conch I've had the same experience. They start out like gang busters, then after a few weeks tend to slow down and bury more.
 
Hi,

Is more like a curiosity matter but I’ve notice my strombus conch used to be way more active when the temperature in my tank was around 23 degrees Celsius, my heater was a cheap one from Amazon and very inaccurate, after getting a proper DD heater and controller stable at 25.6 the conch just buried itself in the sand bed and never moved during light period. I had a power loss other day and sure enough the conch was wandering around when the temperature dropped a little bit. Just wondering which one it’s natural behavior and if could be annoyed at the temperature somehow… thanks
Lower the temperature and test your idea.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new