Conch shell and live rock from ***** Cana

angrycubano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy came back from a trip to ***** Cana, Santo Domingo and he brought back a couple pieces of live rock and conch shell. I haven't seen it but he told me he got it for me to put in my tank. That's very thoughtfull and all but I told him I just can't put anything in my tank. What's the best way to sterilize/clean these pieces so that I can put em in my tank? Or should I just tell him thanks but no thanks?

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy came back from a trip to ***** Cana, Santo Domingo and he brought back a couple pieces of live rock and conch shell. I haven't seen it but he told me he got it for me to put in my tank. That's very thoughtfull and all but I told him I just can't put anything in my tank. What's the best way to sterilize/clean these pieces so that I can put em in my tank? Or should I just tell him thanks but no thanks?

be careful some tourist traps varnish conch shells you dont want that in the tank..

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see how many detrimental hitchhikers we can add to my tank! That little worm you can't see is going to grow to 3 ft and eat all your corals....

And what did he bring the rock back in? it can't be "live", and if it is, there will be a ton of die off.....

Thanks for thinking of me, but no thanks

Zef004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've all ways use bleach for 12hrs and then vinegar for 24hrs after that i then give it an ro/di bath for 24hrs. I do this 4-5x with fresh Rodi.

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the *****! hahaha
I don't know--can you set up a separate tank and just watch it? You never know what might come out of it just to look at! I'd be dying to see.

OP
OP
angrycubano

angrycubano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had already told him that I'm not comfortable putting it in my tank and he told me it wouldn't hurt his feelings if I didn't. There's more negative than positive with putting that stuff in my tank. I told him to bring it by and maybe I can put it on the bookshelf.

thanks for the advice guys and gal.

OP
OP
angrycubano

angrycubano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's not a bad word or anything so I wonder why it showed up. It's the name of the place in Santo Domingo.

TinaFoster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of folks who don't know Spanish think the word is the one without the n. But I guess it has been used to refer to a woman's body part. It's the name of a TON of places tho! Come on!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 47 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back