Conductivity probe electrode broke

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my conductivity probe’s electrode was bent when I received it. At that time, I carefully pushed it back where it should be. Since then, I got the GHL set up and probe calibrated. I’ve never trusted the number it gave me. Now I’m hoping it actually was wrong and this was the cause. Which is, a little piece of the electrode fell off when I gently tapped the probe to clear an air bubble. I do this often as my ATO isn’t set up yet and I have to manually add top off water, which creates bubbles that occasionally attach onto the probes.
My question is: can this piece be soldered back on? If not, I’ll just order another probe but this is an expensive one so I’m hoping it can be repaired. Thanks
505E20C4-3687-4278-9408-81DB8C667B22.jpeg

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

This metal plate is essential to the functioning of the electrode, it is the electrical part in contact with the water. Your electrode is dead and must unfortunately be replaced.

Gaël

OP
OP
Reefer911

Reefer911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

This metal plate is essential to the functioning of the electrode, it is the electrical part in contact with the water. Your electrode is dead and must unfortunately be replaced.

Gaël
Gaël,

Thank you. I realize it’s essential but my question is can it be soldered back?

wmb0003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will also add that I tried to purchase a cheaper electrode and it is extremely unreliable. I have not purchased a new GHL yet due to cost.

Edit:
This is the probe I purchased based on another recommendation on this site I believe. I would not suggest this as a viable option.
Help me decide on this product: Apera Instruments 2301-C Conductivity Electrode (K=1), Range: 0.5 µS/cm to 200 mS/cm, BNC Connector, Polycarbonate Body (AI1304) https://a.co/d/djvrV3H

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back