Conduit Light Hanging Kit - Help with where to bend pipe.

coralcrazy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2012
Messages
249
Reaction score
12
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the situation.

Trying to make a 3/4 conduit light hanging bar for my 72" tank. The tank dimension are 72x18x24 tall. I would like to create a bar with two 90 degree bend so I can mount behind the stand.

I am having difficulty figuring out where to make the bend on the 10' conduit pipe.

This is what I am thinking.

First bend 18" from one end (leaving me a 2ft extension).

Second bend 18" from other end (leaving me a 2ft extension).

Third bend 3" from perpendicular bar of one end (creating a 9" extension, center of tank).

Fourth bend 3" from other perpendicular bar end (creating a 9" extension, center of tank).

I will then cut another conduit pipe and couple that with the bar I bent so I can extend where I will attach to stand.

Am I on the right path? Any help would be great. The picture shows the look I am going for, but bends rather then couplets.

images.jpg
 
The measurements seem right in line with a EMT bender I would suggest bending the 3" mark first from end of pipe then measure from back of that 90 and mark 18" and bend repeat process for other side
 
I simplified the design at this was the outcome. Just need to paint it.
3upe7y5y.jpg


Shoutout to Dave at Nano Box for making the lights.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new