Condy and Tomato Clown

drowningindichotomy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm new here so please go easy on my forum etiquette :)

I _acquired_ a Condy anemone last week and it's now been in my ~2 year old 155 gal reef setup (pH: 8.2; Ca: 410ppm; Sal.: 1.025sg; Mg: ~1320ppm; AlK: ~10; NO(3)/NO(4)/NH(3): ~0) for about 24 hours. The tank's pretty low-stocked in terms of fish, but I do have 3 bubble tip anemones who have done awesome, as well as a pair of tomato clowns. I honestly assumed that the tomato clowns just didn't want to be hosted, as I've had them for a little over a year and they've never displayed any "host-seeking" behavior. When I introduced the bubble tips this past summer, they took no interest.

Well, enter the Condy and the clowns are WILD about it, appearing to be thoroughly hosted by this Condy. It looks like a scene from Finding Nemo in there... and perhaps a pending disaster?

I know this pairing *doesn't* happen, and that the Condy's have a thing for eating fish/apparently even clowns (?). I honestly expected a damselfish mortality before I expected this.

My question is: Can this pairing work out? Do I get rid of the Condy?

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Condy is a weird one, had some cinnamon clowns hosted previously in my 50 cube tank and my current pair of Tomato's won't touch it. But I noticed recently after almost a year of having the nem in my 120 gal, in the past week they are somewhat interested...

OP
OP
drowningindichotomy

drowningindichotomy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Condy is a weird one, had some cinnamon clowns hosted previously in my 50 cube tank and my current pair of Tomato's won't touch it. But I noticed recently after almost a year of having the nem in my 120 gal, in the past week they are somewhat interested...
Hey as long as everyone stays healthy in there, I'll take it lol

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back