Condy in the power head thread.

tricky_tran

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2020
Messages
763
Reaction score
2,380
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something stressed out our Condy and it started to wander. Didn’t notice anything messing with it. I had noticed Phosphate spiked over 1 last week before my trip, so I changed out my carbon and added some GFO. Phosphates dropped to .22. Came back and noticed it’s still hiding. Checked water parameters and all looked within acceptable levels. Wife saw that it was not attached yesterday and spinning under the power head, but didn’t think to tell me. Last night I found it sucked in and pretty torn up even though I tried to cover the propellers with some make shift screen. Looks like it moved enough for the tentacles to get in :-( I have it in an acclimation box and it seems to have come out some and it doesnt seem to have lost all its color, but its pretty beat up. Is there anything else I can do to help it be more comfortable and speed up recovery? Hospital tank? Meds? Or just leave it be and give it time in a lower flow part of the tank





74B23AE8-A85B-4346-883A-CE50A63253FB.jpeg
731E0B5E-A7A8-44AF-96C2-4372437B8133.jpeg
23DFD500-CD34-43FB-AB27-0A65C6137242.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new