Condylactis anemone ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter anirbas91
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

anirbas91

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2016
Messages
61
Reaction score
13
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm 95% sure that this is a Condylactis. But I was hoping to get a positive ID. What other identifying factors are there for Condylactis?
20220226_184630.jpg
 
Cosmopolitan distribution so depends on source location.
Brown, beige, green, with pink tips, short tips, long tentacles.
 
Cosmopolitan distribution so depends on source location.
Brown, beige, green, with pink tips, short tips, long tentacles.

I tried taking some more photos. Do you also agree that it's a condy?
 

Attachments

  • 20220226_201214.jpg
    20220226_201214.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 20220226_201145.jpg
    20220226_201145.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 52
  • 20220226_201153.jpg
    20220226_201153.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 64
So, so many configs of the Condy, being so common, if it has a foot and is stuck to a rock, I’d say yup.
In contrast, some Condy has long tentacles.
 
Looks like a condy. The ‘pattern’ you can see in the tentacles is typical of condy’s. The shape and distribution of tentacles also fit.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new