Conference buying approaches

  • Thread starter Thread starter dnledman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dnledman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2014
Messages
255
Reaction score
160
Location
Westchester
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone, I am going to try and make the trip over to NJ for reefapalooza and wanted to pick peoples brains on their strategy as I am going to try and stick to a budget.

So without the budget in mind I normally would go Saturday morning trying to target specific corals but this time I am debating going later on Sunday with the hopes of getting a better deal on something random.

Has anyone had success with that strategy, finding a fire coral at the end of the conference at a great deal or is everything pretty well picked over by that time and you might get a deal but on something that I might already have?
 
really depends on what you want.

If you are going there to catch a nice deal more than anything, then go on the second day.

If you are looking for the hottest and best looking coral (and perhaps a good deal that might sell out fast) then go early first day.

I went on the second day this RAP CA, and the sales weren’t as fire as you would expect, maybe you have to be a lot more convincing 🤣
 
See this is good feedback though, the worst thing would be to go on Sunday afternoon and the deals be….not great deals.
 
See this is good feedback though, the worst thing would be to go on Sunday afternoon and the deals be….not great deals.
I’m sure you can be a lot more persuasive on that front

In their defense, it was my first visit in like 5 years and it was my first real visit to a coral show or even a real coral focused LFS post COVID so i think my standard on prices were a bit stricter and outdated 🤣
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new