Confused about 4K gyre controlling

DanConnor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so I have a new Icecap gyre 4k with dual pump controller. I downloaded the app, set up presets and modes and all that. But how do I assign that stuff to the pump? I t just sits there and runs at 50%. I'm missing something....

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The default setting might be "constant speed". I can't remember. But just open Hydros, click on the left to get drop-down menu. Select "Presets", then "Default Day". In that window, select "Type" (mine is on sine wave)! There's a slider bar to set "Speed Range". (Mine is set at 0% - 85%). Be sure to click the yellow bar at the bottom of the screen to "upload changes".

After that, repeat the steps to set up "Default Night".

They don't make it easy but once you get familiar with the app, it's not that bad.

George81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click the pump. where Is shows running at 50% I think it’s the lower most of the screen. it will bring up a tiny window, click the settings inside the tiny window and you can adjust the min and max of The pump.
a yellow bar will flash at the bottom click it to upload changes.
to Change the pump Program in the top left of the screen there are 3 bars. Click them
click presets
click the either day or night and from there you can select how you want the pump to run.
To edit modes like feed or make your own click the 3 bars in the top left click modes then select the plus sign from bottom right.
hope that helps

OP
OP
DanConnor

DanConnor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks you two. I still couldn't figure out how to assign the preset I made to the pump. But I was able to adjust the default day one. Once I do the same with default night I should be golden.

Interface is pretty funky, imo.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back