Confused about rising water level

  • Thread starter Thread starter bondno9
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bondno9

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2023
Messages
125
Reaction score
26
Location
new jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed a new pump yesterday and was maintaining my water level at the bottom white line. When I woke up this morning the water level has raised so I thought my ATO over filled. I check the salinity level and it’s about 36ppm. I keep it at 35 so I actually had to add some water.

What could have caused this? I was expecting the salinity to be down with the extra rodi water added to the tank. Really confused here.

IMG_5841.png
 
Common issue with new equipment going into action. It takes time to settle in and hit its sweet spot which is the new “normal “ . If you want to keep the same line remove the excess water and the new pump may hold it now?

This is especially common when switching from an ac pump to a dc ( adjustable speed) pump.

Hth
 
If your salinity is too high, you should be removing saltwater from the system and letting the ato compensate for it. Adding water of any kind doesn't help unless you remove a greater volume of salt water or have auto water changes or something. Of course, also check your refractometer to make sure it's actually a problem.

Water doesn't just come from nowhere, though, did you do some cleaning or rearranging that could have messed with the ATO sensor or did you clean overflow teeth that could mean a slightly lower display section water level that all ended up in the return zone?
 
I installed a new pump yesterday and was maintaining my water level at the bottom white line. When I woke up this morning the water level has raised so I thought my ATO over filled. I check the salinity level and it’s about 36ppm. I keep it at 35 so I actually had to add some water.

What could have caused this? I was expecting the salinity to be down with the extra rodi water added to the tank. Really confused here.

IMG_5841.png
Is it exactly the same plump?
 
If your new pump is running at at a lower gph than the old one the "sump" level would be higher. The water level in the tank is lower I'd bet. Not sure what you are using to measure salinity but it may have just been a testing error.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new