Confused by TDS Meter Readings

Clueless_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Just posting some readings below after swapping out my RODI filtration today and also putting in a replacement 3 stage TDS meter for my old one that broke.
I'm in Fort Lauderdale, Florida as a point of reference for the water quality. 98 PPM inbound, 19 PPM mid before DI chambers, 14 PPM post DI. When I test my final product coming into my bucket I'm getting 56 PPM, per the image below. I'm running Dual 100 GPH membranes, 1 sediment, 2 carbon, 2 DI. Averaging about 65 PSI currently.

Thoughts? I'd be inclined to trust the standalone HM Digital meter I have vs the HM triple TDS meter but...what gives?

2022-07-28 16_16_14-processed-1adfe008-309b-4fb0-81d7-b0ddc834d50f_COplCRlJ.jpeg ‎- Photos.png

BigDangler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Just posting some readings below after swapping out my RODI filtration today and also putting in a replacement 3 stage TDS meter for my old one that broke.
I'm in Fort Lauderdale, Florida as a point of reference for the water quality. 98 PPM inbound, 19 PPM mid before DI chambers, 14 PPM post DI. When I test my final product coming into my bucket I'm getting 56 PPM, per the image below. I'm running Dual 100 GPH membranes, 1 sediment, 2 carbon, 2 DI. Averaging about 65 PSI currently.

Thoughts? I'd be inclined to trust the standalone HM Digital meter I have vs the HM triple TDS meter but...what gives?

2022-07-28 16_16_14-processed-1adfe008-309b-4fb0-81d7-b0ddc834d50f_COplCRlJ.jpeg ‎- Photos.png
That's crazy. I have a 5 stage DI from BRS and I'm on the other coast in Naples... and on well water... after the first 3 stages going into the DI canister its at about 29ppm.. coming out is 0. Had to buy the booster pump so its between 75-85psi.. Higher psi is supposed to help. Doubt anything I said helped though lol

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fresh water is dissolving any solids the bucket contains and the TDS is rising accordingly.

That said, TDS after your DI should be 0. Seems like you need to replace the resin. Or do some investigating if you just did.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like something isn’t working right or bad filters.. my water is about 135 and gets down to 1 after membrane and 0 with DI.

I have sediment, carbon, one mebrane and Silica buster and DI. Mine are all from spectrapure.

I don’t see why your rodi should be struggling to get it down. 98 to 19 is not a properly working rejection rate.

Make sure to let it run and flush the system out before testing.

The bucket reading is probably just wrong as it probably picked up something in the vgxjet I use a very clean glass to catch and test.

OP
OP
Clueless_Reefer

Clueless_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I didn't change was actually the DI resin, I changed it back in February and it "looks" fine... but just to ensure now doubt, I'll change now and report back!

OP
OP
Clueless_Reefer

Clueless_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this isn't confusing at all...DI chambers are changed out and now my Fresh water line is showing higher than the middle product line. 76 PPM inbound, 13 before DI, 17-18 after DI... test bucket at 26.

Reefer Matt

Officially Official Account
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this isn't confusing at all...DI chambers are changed out and now my Fresh water line is showing higher than the middle product line. 76 PPM inbound, 13 before DI, 17-18 after DI... test bucket at 26.
Let it run for a bit. You just introduced solids into the water from changing the resin. Your tds at the end of the line should always be zero. If not, change appropriate media. Also, a pic of your setup would help too.

Leezyworld87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I’m having similar issues with mine from Brs 100GPD 4 stage with upgrades(2 di canisters) two carbon blocks(5 micron and 1 micron) I jus changed all filters today changed membrane two months ago. Everything was fine RO after di was 0 now it’s been stable at 7 and water after membrane is stable at 6 I’m confused I haven’t done anything special besides adjust tds probes properly in correct alignment and it hasn’t seen 0 since…..

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back