Confused in how start dosing Kalk

Kamila89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!!! I have a 135g tank,I’m dosing 2 parts Cal around 2.5ml/3ml per day and Kh around 4ml per day with a dosing pump.
My tank is a year old LPS dominant and I haven’t seen a mayor coral grow. I knew that ph is very important so I tried other methods to rise it from 7.8 to at least 8 which It’s right now but I’ll like to bump it just a bit higher to 8.3 so maybe that will help to coral grown. I wanted to tried Kalk since I started adding corals but I was scare to mess it up but I’m ready, I had order Avast Kalk stirred and ph controller.
My questions are I have a GHL 4 head doser can I use it with my Ato so can dose fresh water to the stirred? Or I need an independent dosing pump that pump slower that the one I have? The evaporation rate is around 3000ml per day,I’ll have to divide 3000 and 24?or how can calculate the exact dose?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!!! I have a 135g tank,I’m dosing 2 parts Cal around 2.5ml/3ml per day and Kh around 4ml per day with a dosing pump.
My tank is a year old LPS dominant and I haven’t seen a mayor coral grow. I knew that ph is very important so I tried other methods to rise it from 7.8 to at least 8 which It’s right now but I’ll like to bump it just a bit higher to 8.3 so maybe that will help to coral grown. I wanted to tried Kalk since I started adding corals but I was scare to mess it up but I’m ready, I had order Avast Kalk stirred and ph controller.
My questions are I have a GHL 4 head doser can I use it with my Ato so can dose fresh water to the stirred? Or I need an independent dosing pump that pump slower that the one I have? The evaporation rate is around 3000ml per day,I’ll have to divide 3000 and 24?or how can calculate the exact dose?
Welcome!

Glad you joined! See you got answers both in this thread as well as Reef Chemistry Forum from @Pntbll687 Everyone loves to be helpful.

Upvote 0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 71 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back