Confused need advice

UnderseaOddities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could just be a trifling wastewater treatment plant right now and is a bad time of year during the thaw they add more copper sulfate and florine to the allum suspension to catch all the debris(in the American northeast and Midwest) this greywater is the turned into tap water that comes out anywhere from 99ppms to 350 ppms depending on your municipal water source and geographic relevance,now for all of you kids following at home there are 4 different kinds of Ro systems, a good ol fashion Ro filter with a membrane and knf (2 chambers ) generally the cheapest your water will come out at 4 to 10 ppms depending on water quality and sulfate cupramine florine and cholramine aluminum and lead are left behind ...the next step up is a RO with DI post filter(3 chambers membrane knf and die post filter)this is the same build as the 2 chambers but this deionize the particulates outta the water making the purified water 0 to 4 ppms depending on water quality...the next is 4 stage it has a membrane a knf a copper softener and a di post filter this is usually good for 150 to 200g a day an the kids after will come out 0 to 1 when it raise above one it's time for filter changes...the last one is the 6 chamber this has the membrane the onf the sulfur the carbon a copper softener and the di post filter this is the only way one to get clean 100 percent deionized reverse osmosis water at 0 tds

Water science lesson for today!

Last edited:

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man, it just blows when stuff like that fails on you for almost no reason, good luck im rooting for your tank

Wannabereefvet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could just be a trifling wastewater treatment plant right now and is a bad time of year during the thaw they add more copper sulfate and florine to the allum suspension to catch all the debris(in the American northeast and Midwest) this greywater is the turned into tap water that comes out anywhere from 99ppms to 350 ppms depending on your municipal water source and geographic relevance,now for all of you kids following at home there are 4 different kinds of Ro systems, a good ol fashion Ro filter with a membrane and knf (2 chambers ) generally the cheapest your water will come out at 4 to 10 ppms depending on water quality and sulfate cupramine florine and cholramine aluminum and lead are left behind ...the next step up is a RO with DI post filter(3 chambers membrane knf and die post filter)this is the same build as the 2 chambers but this deionize the particulates outta the water making the purified water 0 to 4 ppms depending on water quality...the next is 4 stage it has a membrane a knf a copper softener and a di post filter this is usually good for 150 to 200g a day an the kids after will come out 0 to 1 when it raise above one it's time for filter changes...the last one is the 6 chamber this has the membrane the onf the sulfur the carbon a copper softener and the di post filter this is the only way one to get clean 100 percent deionized reverse osmosis water at 0 tds

Awesome reply!

OP
OP
01xp

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you for the awsome response. Lesson learned. My ro set up is 3 stage filter to 3 ro membrane to a dual di filterThread '3 ro membrane' https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/3-ro-membrane.734697/

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What? Lol.
Change your filters and ro membrane. Di resin if you have.
Whats ur tds? I think your.copper is coming from your tap. Think u got this figured out.
D

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember when i use to give a crap... and kept logs... lol

20210403_233544.jpg

Could be a lot of things....how often do you do waterchanges? do you dose anything outside of waterchanges?

Last edited:
OP
OP
01xp

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What? Lol.
Change your filters and ro membrane. Di resin if you have.
Whats ur tds? I think your.copper is coming from your tap. Think u got this figured out.
D
Yeah it's a crazy experiment I tried and it works. I send 16tds into my di resin.
I remember when i use to give a crap... and kept logs... lol

20210403_233544.jpg

Could be a lot of things....how often do you do waterchanges? do you dose anything outside of waterchanges?
I don't really keep logs did it more for the post trying to figure this out lol. I do water changes bi-weekly

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frankly I am surprised someone owns a copper test kit unless they qt fish.... I also question accuracy of it even if hanna especially at .06 ppm. The accuracy is...

SKU HI747
Range 0 to 999 ppb
Resolution 1 ppb
Accuracy @ 25°C/77°F ± 10 ppb ± 5% of reading

So what is the deal here?

OP
OP
01xp

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my fish get qt'd so that's why I bought it. Maybe it's off but then why both shrimp die at the same time, and the hermits are fine

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the exact model of copper test kit you have? Does it even work with salt water?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back