Confusing Experience with Neptune and their DOS

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefguy88
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefguy88

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2023
Messages
33
Reaction score
19
Location
Southern California
What state or country do you live in
California
I purchased a Neptune DOS at the end of November 2023, and on May 4th it suddenly started making a very loud noise and stopped functioning. So the DOS was just under six months old. One motor made a high pitch noise while the other was completely unresponsive, and neither were spinning the dosing head. I immediately contacted Neptune and started an almost one month long process going back and forth with them trying to fix it. I was sure it needed to be sent in, but I went along with their process anyway. Finally, on May 29th they had me fill out an RMA and send it in. The RMA asked for my receipt, which I had from BRS showing when it was purchased. I sent it in that same day and just received this email:

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 4.58.05 PM.png


I am confused, don't I have a one year warranty on the item? I never opened it or voided the warranty in any way. The thing just stopped working. Shouldn't it be replaced? Why are they asking for $228 for a new one, which comes with a shiny new and apparently useless one year warranty?
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new