Connect Mitras LX7 to P4??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

doodguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Just got my Mitras LX7 lights, and trying to understand how to control them from the P4. Anyone have any guidance to a doc showing how to connect this?

I have the wifi card installed in my P4

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Just got my Mitras LX7 lights, and trying to understand how to control them from the P4. Anyone have any guidance to a doc showing how to connect this?

I have the wifi card installed in my P4
GHL has a number of YouTube videos on how to set up your lights.

OP
OP
doodguy

doodguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going through them all but not seeing one specific for how to set them up from myghl and control from P4 withinstalled add on card but I'm searching.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you purchase the PLM-PWC card and install that into the P4.

If you did then you set the P4 to channel 11 address 1 and master in the PWC configuration.

Then each light is set to slave, each to channel 11 and each gets a unique address so the first one is 2 second one 3 and so forth.

OP
OP
doodguy

doodguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you did then you set the P4 to channel 11 address 1 and master in the PWC configuration.

Then each light is set to slave, each to channel 11 and each gets a unique address so the first one is 2 second one 3 and so forth.

This is what I have. They seem to be controlled by P4, but struggling on a few things such as best light schedule for coral growth (soft corals like torch/hammer, some zoas) and also at sunrise/sunset I want to have that neon blue look. Trying to find the right settings.

Also trying to learn on the acclimation mode is that % of total light output availablility or is that % of the amount you set for that time; so say I set 1 of the 9 led's to be 100% at 1pm, then I set acclimation from 40 to 75 percent ramping over 2 months, is that 40% of the initial 100% I set?

Any tips on how clouds/storms work? I would like to have random rolling clouds.

Sorry for stupid questions, I'm almost getting this reading a ton watching every video I can find just not fully grasping how these work yet.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@doodguy - Vinny from GHl has a great schedule that many people are using for the lights.

Acclimation impacts all channels. So for example if I set the acclimation to start today at 50% and be at 100% 3 months from now, and my light channel was at 100% brightness right now, it would be reduced to 50% and slowly over the course of the acclimation period rise to 100%.

In your example if your brightness was 100% and the acclimation was 40% your new light levels would be 60 and ramp up to 100% at the end of the 2 months.

Off to Clouds and Storms,

Once you look at your clouds:
You have to set the Max Pause (This is the time between clouds)
Min Duration is the Min Duration of the Clouds
max Duration is the Max Duration of the Clouds
Max Darkening, this is the % reduction of the illumination channel when the cloud is applied.

Once you set your cloud settings you need then go to the illumination channels you want your clouds impacted by clouds and enable simulation darkened by clouds.

If you want the clouds to roll I have to log into my light via GCC and find it but you have offset from master in X seconds this is where you set the offset is used to allow the clouds to roll.

Storms:
You have a few ways to do them, they can be random or specific days. Do you have a preference?

As for the all the questions do not worry, It took me a while to learn it all also. So many options hehe.

OP
OP
doodguy

doodguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@doodguy - Vinny from GHl has a great schedule that many people are using for the lights.

Acclimation impacts all channels. So for example if I set the acclimation to start today at 50% and be at 100% 3 months from now, and my light channel was at 100% brightness right now, it would be reduced to 50% and slowly over the course of the acclimation period rise to 100%.

In your example if your brightness was 100% and the acclimation was 40% your new light levels would be 60 and ramp up to 100% at the end of the 2 months.

Off to Clouds and Storms,

Once you look at your clouds:
You have to set the Max Pause (This is the time between clouds)
Min Duration is the Min Duration of the Clouds
max Duration is the Max Duration of the Clouds
Max Darkening, this is the % reduction of the illumination channel when the cloud is applied.

Once you set your cloud settings you need then go to the illumination channels you want your clouds impacted by clouds and enable simulation darkened by clouds.

If you want the clouds to roll I have to log into my light via GCC and find it but you have offset from master in X seconds this is where you set the offset is used to allow the clouds to roll.

Storms:
You have a few ways to do them, they can be random or specific days. Do you have a preference?

As for the all the questions do not worry, It took me a while to learn it all also. So many options hehe.

Thanks so much!!!!

So for clarification on the acclimation; if I set 40% today and 70% in 2 months it would only do 70% max right? Is it bad to do 100%? My tank is 3 ft deep.

Storms I'd rather be random and rare

Rolling clouds I'd like to do; I know I go to each light set delay from Master right? Should I do like 10 minute delay per light? I have 3. I also don't want clouds every day but at random days/times if possible?

I'd also like to do sunrise/sunset so that around 6a lights start coming on. During this time light 1 comes on and like 15 minutes later or whatever makes sense light 2 comes into play followed by light 3.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@doodguy - No problem glad to help :)

You want to set your ending to be 100% as it will be equal to what your brightness channels are before the acclimation started. If you say for example end at 75% and your brightness was at 100% at 1:00pm it would be 75%. I never tested leaving it at 75% but always ended at 100%, I would think the next day after the acclimation period your light schedule if it was at 100% would be at 100%, I believe the 75% does not stay permanent. (I would need to test hehe)

If you wanted your light channel to end at 75% brightness at the end, then I would set your brightness at 75% on your channels and then ramp up from 40% to 100% so at the end of the acclimation your overall brightness is 75%. 100% is not bad your just telling the P4 that what every brightness setting is at 1pm leave it at that value.

Correct from the Master, what I would do is try a few different settings and see what you like. What I did was sent the darkening really high so I could see the clouds easily effect the lights and tried a few different settings.

You can not set your cloud days, only your rainy days. So once you set clouds it is all the time. Rainy days on the other hand are set by days of the week.

So What I did was have clouds impact my white channels, and rainy days impact all my channels :)

As for the sunrise and sunset by offseting the light themselves, I have not been able to simulate except through the three methods:

1- Pulling them all off the P4 and manually changing the times on them offsetting the other lights by the amount off off-set I would like them to be at. For example 30 minutes so my time now is 5:00pm first light 5:00pm second light 4:30pm.
2- I have a light composer file, and would shift the entire schedule
3- use the same composer file for all the lights, and then after I apply it to each light use the shift feature in each illumination channels.

I decided after doing it, I really wanted my control all through the P4, and just reverted it all back :)

Thunderstorms:
Set Intensity if your using lighting, Darkening and flash brightness.
Then set the Duration in minutes of your storm
Then set the Minimum waiting time (This will be the Min time the next storm will happen)
Then set the Max waiting time (This will be the max time the next storm will happen)

So what this means the system will do a Thunderstorm and the next one will be a random number between the Min and Max waiting time.

Make sure you go into your illumination channels and select the ones impacted by Thunderstorms.

OP
OP
doodguy

doodguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@doodguy - No problem glad to help :)

You want to set your ending to be 100% as it will be equal to what your brightness channels are before the acclimation started. If you say for example end at 75% and your brightness was at 100% at 1:00pm it would be 75%. I never tested leaving it at 75% but always ended at 100%, I would think the next day after the acclimation period your light schedule if it was at 100% would be at 100%, I believe the 75% does not stay permanent. (I would need to test hehe)

If you wanted your light channel to end at 75% brightness at the end, then I would set your brightness at 75% on your channels and then ramp up from 40% to 100% so at the end of the acclimation your overall brightness is 75%. 100% is not bad your just telling the P4 that what every brightness setting is at 1pm leave it at that value.

Correct from the Master, what I would do is try a few different settings and see what you like. What I did was sent the darkening really high so I could see the clouds easily effect the lights and tried a few different settings.

You can not set your cloud days, only your rainy days. So once you set clouds it is all the time. Rainy days on the other hand are set by days of the week.

So What I did was have clouds impact my white channels, and rainy days impact all my channels :)

As for the sunrise and sunset by offseting the light themselves, I have not been able to simulate except through the three methods:

1- Pulling them all off the P4 and manually changing the times on them offsetting the other lights by the amount off off-set I would like them to be at. For example 30 minutes so my time now is 5:00pm first light 5:00pm second light 4:30pm.
2- I have a light composer file, and would shift the entire schedule
3- use the same composer file for all the lights, and then after I apply it to each light use the shift feature in each illumination channels.

I decided after doing it, I really wanted my control all through the P4, and just reverted it all back :)

Thunderstorms:
Set Intensity if your using lighting, Darkening and flash brightness.
Then set the Duration in minutes of your storm
Then set the Minimum waiting time (This will be the Min time the next storm will happen)
Then set the Max waiting time (This will be the max time the next storm will happen)

So what this means the system will do a Thunderstorm and the next one will be a random number between the Min and Max waiting time.

Make sure you go into your illumination channels and select the ones impacted by Thunderstorms.

Very helpful. Thanks!

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@doodguy - on the sunrise and sunset use the Time Difference to master, I did try this and set the first slave to -30 mins and the second slave to -60 minutes and this will give you the effect your looking for :). I was in my lights today and saw the option and went this is what your looking for :)

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I feel like I need a little hand-holding myself.

I have all my addresses sorted out - Do I just created a project in the composer and the P4 will control the LX7s?

Last edited:

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully someone has the answer... :)

I don't see any place in GCC for the PWC configuration - where is that?

I have my card installed - I can see the red flashing light on the back of the P4.

I have them set up per your post above.

I have my LX7s on my network and connect to them wirelessly. How do I get my P4 to see them and control them? I see no obvious location in GHL GCC that shows they are connected.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I need a little hand-holding myself.

I have all my addresses sorted out - Do I just created a project in the composer and the P4 will control the LX7s?

Yes, if you set the P4 as a master and the remaining lx slave and placed them into the channel and numbered them then your all set.

What I would do first is make a light project of the lights either all blue or all white in composer and then publish it and make sure they all turn to that color and then do another one with them all off, that will tell you for sure they are all in sync.

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, if you set the P4 as a master and the remaining lx slave and placed them into the channel and numbered them then your all set.

What I would do first is make a light project of the lights either all blue or all white in composer and then publish it and make sure they all turn to that color and then do another one with them all off, that will tell you for sure they are all in sync.

It seems to be working... I have a very basic project I found at GHL, now I need to find something a little more nuanced. Right now just a bunch of softies/leathers an anenome and some struggling zoas...

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but can the P4 be set as master 0 on channel 11 and then the lights go 1,2,3, etc just to make things a bit more cohesive?? Thanks !!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back