Connection to ReefBeat app not working

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea is garbage

disclamer; I own a reefer 350, a reefer 170, 3 reef led 90s and a led 50. Terrible archaic trash. One light disconnects daily even though it’s paired to another light. I have to unplug it and it reconnects. One light won’t connect to the Wi-Fi module at all even after I removed the battery. I’m convinced the Wi-Fi module is bad. Red Sea won’t help without a receipt.
I get it. I am trying to sell this aquarium and its inhabitants and I cannot allow them to perish. They told me that I can purchase a controller separately and not buy the entire reefwave25. I haven’t found one, yet. I would never buy another one and I told them that. I am still looking for the receipt. Of all the receipts and boxes that I have kept, it just happens to be the one that I didn’t keep track of…such a bummer. I am so sorry that you are in the same predicament. Such a drag. They told me that they could escalate it within their company if I had a bank transaction record. Have you tried that route?

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea is garbage

disclamer; I own a reefer 350, a reefer 170, 3 reef led 90s and a led 50. Terrible archaic trash. One light disconnects daily even though it’s paired to another light. I have to unplug it and it reconnects. One light won’t connect to the Wi-Fi module at all even after I removed the battery. I’m convinced the Wi-Fi module is bad. Red Sea won’t help without a receipt.
I have invested so much in RedSea. Salt, products, equipment…you would think that they would bend over backwards. The tech support person told me yesterday that they have not slowed down in sales for two years. It ramped up with Covid and has not let off…Lucky them.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea 750XXL and love it. Tank has performed near flawlessly for me. I did have a problem with both of my Red Sea ReefWave controllers (one failed a few weeks out of the box and the other six months later), but to their credit Red Sea did replace both of the controllers free of charge. And I now have a spare although I suspect I won't need it.

So one ReefWave has been running without issue for almost 11 months and the other over 6 months.

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea 750XXL and love it. Tank has performed near flawlessly for me. I did have a problem with both of my Red Sea ReefWave controllers (one failed a few weeks out of the box and the other six months later), but to their credit Red Sea did replace both of the controllers free of charge. And I now have a spare although I suspect I won't need it.

So one ReefWave has been running without issue for almost 11 months and the other over 6 months.
Like I said, it has been problematic over time and hopefully, they are correcting the problems with the new Gens. Their customer service is great and they said that you can buy the controllers separately, if you can figure out how…I haven’t quite figured that out yet. I didn’t keep track of my receipt and am trying to track that down. In the meantime, my tank is circling the drain. The one piece of equipment that I didn’t save the invoice or the box…seriously?
I gotta do something soon…
750XXL WOW! It must be spectacular! Any photos? My little XL200 RedSea has also performed flawlessly for me. I think that they have done an amazing job on the aquariums/sumps/cabinets, for sure. I love my aquarium.
It practically runs itself. The wavemaker…not so much.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said, it has been problematic over time and hopefully, they are correcting the problems with the new Gens. Their customer service is great and they said that you can buy the controllers separately, if you can figure out how…I haven’t quite figured that out yet. I didn’t keep track of my receipt and am trying to track that down. In the meantime, my tank is circling the drain. The one piece of equipment that I didn’t save the invoice or the box…seriously?
I gotta do something soon…
750XXL WOW! It must be spectacular! Any photos? My little XL200 RedSea has also performed flawlessly for me. I think that they have done an amazing job on the aquariums/sumps/cabinets, for sure. I love my aquarium.
It practically runs itself. The wavemaker…not so much.
The glass is really amazing. I've never owned such a crystal clear tank. I have to take some updated photos as i don't have anything current.

You could always throw something like a Tunze nano powerhead on to tide you over?

aggrofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I like the tanks, especially the newer S series. The equipment - not so much. The newer gen ReefLEDs are getter than the previous. I sent red sea serial numbers on all the products - they should be able to see manufacturing dates. I'd even take a hey send it in so we can take a look at it. It might be a few $$ in parts but lets fix it.

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The glass is really amazing. I've never owned such a crystal clear tank. I have to take some updated photos as i don't have anything current.

You could always throw something like a Tunze nano powerhead on to tide you over?
Good idea on the intermittent solution and I do have a couple Hygger mini wavemakers that spin at 1600GPH That would work just fine. You’re absolutely correct on the glass. Mine looks like a cube and it is front and center in my great room. It is pretty darn spectacular.
My light is a Radion XR15 Gen5 Blue and it is phenomenal. Love the colors and performance. Just beautiful. We recently had a discussion about moonlight here on R2R. The Radion has a fabulous moonlight function. I’m not sure if they are all like this, but mine follows the moon rise and set and the waxing and waning And it has a brightness setting. It’s pretty darn cool. Price is a bit steep, but worth it.
I look forward to seeing your photos!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good idea on the intermittent solution and I do have a couple Hygger mini wavemakers that spin at 1600GPH That would work just fine. You’re absolutely correct on the glass. Mine looks like a cube and it is front and center in my great room. It is pretty darn spectacular.
My light is a Radion XR15 Gen5 Blue and it is phenomenal. Love the colors and performance. Just beautiful. We recently had a discussion about moonlight here on R2R. The Radion has a fabulous moonlight function. I’m not sure if they are all like this, but mine follows the moon rise and set and the waxing and waning And it has a brightness setting. It’s pretty darn cool. Price is a bit steep, but worth it.
I look forward to seeing your photos!
I also run the Radion G5 Blues (XR30s and an XR15). The moonlight function is pretty cool. I don't have mine set to follow the moon rise/set and waxing/waning (I might have to msg you to see how you set that up). I run a variant on the radiance theme that really makes the fluorescent colors in the fish and corals pop.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
theabyss.jpg

The above image doesn't really do it justice as when uploading the resolution got capped and the color balance shifted.

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also run the Radion G5 Blues (XR30s and an XR15). The moonlight function is pretty cool. I don't have mine set to follow the moon rise/set and waxing/waning (I might have to msg you to see how you set that up). I run a variant on the radiance theme that really makes the fluorescent colors in the fish and corals pop.
The photos during moonlight turn out very nice, indeed!

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my ReefLeds went dead. I just spent an hour deleting all the lights. Reconnecting and regrouping.

Pain in but. I think its my crummy wi fi .....

aggrofish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is about 30 ft away.
At least you got it connected. My lights would always disconnect but for the longest time they would still follow the set schedule and I never changed it so it didn’t matter. One started disconnecting more often and finally just wouldn’t connect at all. I replaced it with another 90 and the older one now disconnects 2-3x a week. When it does the only way to reset it and get it on the program is to unplug it.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least you got it connected. My lights would always disconnect but for the longest time they would still follow the set schedule and I never changed it so it didn’t matter. One started disconnecting more often and finally just wouldn’t connect at all. I replaced it with another 90 and the older one now disconnects 2-3x a week. When it does the only way to reset it and get it on the program is to unplug it.
Mine worked great for a year but now going haywire. Feed mode and maintenance mode stopped working.

leanned76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to use an iPhone to connect mine. Samsung didn't work. Once initial connection with iPhone was done, the Samsung works fine now
hi how did u connect with your iphone mine won’t connect keeps saying no connection and turning straight off

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi how did u connect with your iphone mine won’t connect keeps saying no connection and turning straight off
I just followed the instructions on the app. what is interesting since the latest app update all my redsea lights have been acting weird. off during the day randomly and on at night. The new app has some bugs

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back