Connection to ReefBeat app not working

Maarten cools

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my reefing friends.
I just installed my red sea max nano with a reefled 50. I installed the app and filled in all the info until step 3/3, there is were it went wrong. I filled everything in but when I want to press “done” it gives me the option “offline or online” if I press these buttons it gives me a code “400” “response code was unacceptable: 400”.
I can connect the light to my phone (it accepted the wifi code “password” BUT no further connection to the app. I tried everything, installing the app again and pressing the button on my led 50.

Please help me because I do not know what to do.
(Below I have a document with a video so you c see where it went wrong)

Greets from Belgium

Attachments

• IMG_5862.MOV
    26.9 MB

ChicagoShoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try to hold the back button down for 15 seconds to do a master reset and then start over. If the lights on the back are solid red and wont change, then the other option is to open it up and remove the battery for a couple minutes and try again. I have a ReefLED90 that did this and ultimately had to contact red sea and wait about 5 days for a replacement to be delivered.

Sun1914

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this light and havent had an success at connecting the light to mu home network.
Ivetrued the 15 sec restart and same thing...no connectivity at the end.

Ive tried both Samsung and Apple devices.
Anyone have any insight to share?

Gudhjem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this light and havent had an success at connecting the light to mu home network.

no inisights, sorry. I tried mightily to get my Reefbeat to connect to my ReefWave, but finally gave up. Could not get past the update phase. I don't really need RedSea's b-grade software for a pump, I can control it locally, but glad I'm not trying to control lights.

Sun1914

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no inisights, sorry. I tried mightily to get my Reefbeat to connect to my ReefWave, but finally gave up. Could not get past the update phase. I don't really need RedSea's b-grade software for a pump, I can control it locally, but glad I'm not trying to control lights.
I recently purchased a reefwave and THANK GOD! it didn't give me the same headache as the light.

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Have you had success in getting connected yet?

Sun1914

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had success in getting connected yet?
Yes. I what I did was the following.
1) Forgot the light and home network on my mobile device
2) Reset my home network
3) hard reset on light while home network reboot

I then went ahead and followed the directions on the app and it worked. Hope that helps

HaveFishWillTravel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2) Reset my home network

I then went ahead and followed the directions on the app and it worked. Hope that helps
I had to call them and they walked me through getting my ReefBeat to connect. It had been working fine until last weekend. It somehow disconnected itself and now, I can’t reconnect it. I have done everything except deleting my device, doing a factory reset, adding back my device and resetting everything back up. I put in a ticket and they responded with a “...is this an emergency?” But, nothing more than that. They do have the cool whatever happened in the last 24 hours will continue to happen feature so at least my Reefwave is running. It’s just really frustrating! Thx for the response and I’m happy you are up and running!

Nuuze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted Red Sea support regarding this issue couple weeks ago. After retrieving the controller output and providing proof of purchase they sent me replacement controller. Received replacement controller today and now connects to ReefBeat.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I contacted Red Sea support regarding this issue couple weeks ago. After retrieving the controller output and providing proof of purchase they sent me replacement controller. Received replacement controller today and now connects to ReefBeat.
What do you mean a replacement controller? Like a remote control? Lol. I just got mine used so I am not sure how that works. Luckily I didn’t pay retail for that smh

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2) Reset my home network

What do you mean “forgot the light and home network on my mobile device”?

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no connection

Attachments

• 254BD06C-5363-4804-AE4A-0B7FE520664A.jpeg
    254BD06C-5363-4804-AE4A-0B7FE520664A.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 207

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still no connection
I have the redsea LED90. I just kept trying and eventually reef beat connected (tried with multiple phones, multiple times). I did offline at first and was able to get it connected but had to reinstall all of the light values when I went into online mode so make sure you note your settings if you go that route. The best I can tell you, its a very unimpressive software but once you get it going the light is nice, just many headaches until that point.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the redsea LED90. I just kept trying and eventually reef beat connected (tried with multiple phones, multiple times). I did offline at first and was able to get it connected but had to reinstall all of the light values when I went into online mode so make sure you note your settings if you go that route. The best I can tell you, its a very unimpressive software but once you get it going the light is nice, just many headaches until that point.
We’ll see. Can’t believe a reputable company pushed out something this headache

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This will help follow his instructions

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’ll see. Can’t believe a reputable company pushed out something this headache
Couldn't agree more, and worse its been out for a while with very little updates to improve. I stand behind their products still even with this headache. I have great coral growth, little algae issues and its reliable once the kinks work out. I even use their coral food AB+, which has blown up my coral growth.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 76 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back