Blue spot watchman goby
Yellow coris Wrasse
Blue Star Wrasse
Ruby head Wrasse
Coral Beauty angel
Pair of clowns
Lawnmower blenny

Would the trigger go after the wrasses?

I'm OK with him going to town on my CUC, they are breeding like crazy.

OP
OP
Arruna

Arruna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normally true, but not BT triggers. They typically leave CUC, corals and other fish alone.

I just have snails. No crabs or urchans. I do have a fighting conch, but he's pretty big lol. I'd be impressed if he got him

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He won’t touch them. I have a mated pair. Plus loads of snails, hermits and fighting conches. They could care less.
They are great fish. Kinda like the dogs of fish. Lotsa personality. Will follow me back and forth in front of the tank, eyeballing me, begging for food. They will also go to the top of the water and blow bubbles letting me know they are hungry. They supposedly also grunt but have yet to hear them.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one, never touched either urchins or snails, now I did have 2 shrimp go missing but who knows

OP
OP
Arruna

Arruna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He won’t touch them. I have a mated pair. Plus loads of snails, hermits and fighting conches. They could care less.
They are great fish. Kinda like the dogs of fish. Lotsa personality. Will follow me back and forth in front of the tank, eyeballing me, begging for food. They will also go to the top of the water and blow bubbles letting me know they are hungry. They supposedly also grunt but have yet to hear them.
Think it'll be ok with my smaller fish? I'm most worried about them becoming a snack

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Good tankmate. Actually quite peaceful. Shrimp may be appetizing but most inverts and coral safe with it

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B.throats, Red tails (Sargassum) and Crosshatch are the most reef safe triggers. That’s not to say you might not have a rouge one occasionally but mostly they are on the peaceful side. BT’s can be a bit shy when first introduced so dont be alarmed if he he hides and doesn’t eat for a bit. Soon enough he’ll be out showing his swimming prowess and yes over time may eat out of your hand. Good luck.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back