Considering a coral banded shark

Surfandturf

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
805
Reaction score
533
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I plan on upgrading to a 100g tank this summer and was wondering if a coral banded shark is reef compatible. I have heard yes and have heard no. Anyone have an answer on this?
 
Wouldn't recommend it unless it was a longer tank... And with any fish with teeth the is always a risk
 
Wouldn't recommend it unless it was a longer tank... And with any fish with teeth the is always a risk
Ok. I am obviously not trying to have a 4'ft shark in that size of a tank lol. I am talking about hatching it and keeping it for a year, maybe longer depending on size and then selling it to some of the people I know that have show tanks of around 500 gallons.
 
It will only be suitable for the 100g temporarily, having an exit strategy is a must.
 
I agree. Very temporary. I'm moving mine out of my 125 Monday.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new