Shark question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dawneme
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dawneme

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2026
Messages
53
Reaction score
18
Location
Indonesia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hii any tips and experience from a shark owner?

I want to make a tank with shark like banded coral cat or bamboo shark

Stuff i need to know:
Their minimum tank size requirement
Fish that can be in the same tank as them
Their feeding
your experience with one and your tank maintenance
 
I kept a bamboo 20+ years ago

Absolute minimum tank size in my opinion is a 96x30x24 - 300G 96x36x24 would be better.

rock structure in the middle leaving plenty of room all around for swimming. I had a platform that lifted my rock 6" off the sand and made a nice shelf so it had 80% of the sand bed.

I had a Porcupine puffer, volitan lion and a small ray in with mine. You can put larger tangs and angels

Filtration will be almost as important as the tank size itself. I ran a 180G sump, huge external DIY direct fed recirculating skimmer, 2x 7" socks, closed loop to keep detritus moving and 2 900gph return pumps.
 
Last edited:

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new