Considering Berghia Nudis

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have an Aiptasia problem, I admit it. Isnt admission the first step to therapy?:D I used to think the apps of Aip-X and the like worked. It did on the mother nem, but spread like 20 more to replace. Now I just leave them be. I know people talk about Peppermint shrimp and CBB for control, but seems to be hit and miss. I am seriously considering a small army of Berghia Nudi's. Is this a good or bad idea? My concern would be if theyre bad,will I just be adding another pest?

Thanks for advice!

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard the same thing about die off. Hopefully you can rehome them if food becomes an issue. It would be a shame to lose such a valuable creature. I haven't heard about hunting in groups. That's interesting so I will be researching that more. I'm a noob and I'm making lists of things needed if/when problems arise and nudi's are on my list for aiptasia control (and maybe F Aiptasia as well). Haha.

csb123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve found it’s best to aggressively and persistently kill them with a thick kalk slurry (consistency of latex house paint) or F-Aiptasia (more expensive.) Then preventatively put in peppermint shrimp (I couldn’t because of my flame hawk fish ) or Copperbanded butterfly (worked great.)

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get them, you have to be patient, but slow and steady wins the race
IMG_20200928_130346.jpg
IMG_20200925_214420.jpg

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Berghia are the way to go! I order a few evry time I start to see aiptasia again. So about every 8-10 months. They knock it out and I don’t have to worry about animals eating corals or getting in the tank with a syringe or anything. They are worth the Money.

OP
OP
Jman76

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its unbelievable how well they work. I bought 10 of the small ones from SaltyUnderground. Put em all in my 20 which was infested. In 2 weeks numbers were way down. I managed to transfer 5 of them to my 75...they were twice as big as when I bough them. The one side of the 75 has way less aptasia. I will never use anything else!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back