Considering switching to Profilux from Apex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For $50 extra I would get the SA.
If your controller goes down you still have a working dosing pump. If you ever sell the system or upgrade to a newer pump the SA is used by non GHL controller owners for KH and ION director. A lot easier to sell.
Exactly the reason why I went all SA on the dosers.

kasso187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another good point. So did you just use the SA doser without the ProfiLux then before you made the switch. @robbyg advice makes sense as well so maybe I should just get the SA doser first and see where I go from there
My SA just came in this past week and I haven't gotten around to install it yet. Hopefully I'll be able to install it this weekend, but maybe not because I have to make a shelf for it. I'm still using Apex as the main controller. I plan to use GHL for testing and dosing.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My SA just came in this past week and I haven't gotten around to install it yet. Hopefully, I'll be able to install it this weekend, but maybe not because I have to make a shelf for it. I'm still using Apex as the main controller. I plan to use GHL for testing and dosing.
Will you/ Can you link the SA to the Apex?

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to keep them separate. I like to diversify my equipment lol in case something fails, it won't all fail.
Right Ok, Quite a few seem to do that. Out of interest are running a Trident or are you using the KH Director and ION Director when available ?

kasso187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a trident. I plan to pick up a KHD sometime in the future. For testing other elements, I don't have any plans yet to get an automated tester.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will you/ Can you link the SA to the Apex?

Negative. I like the advice of you getting a stand alone doser to see if you like the ecosystem. The dosers are really good, but you might prefer Apex stylings.

The stand-alone can be expanded to include the KHD, IOND, and automated dosing control without getting a GHL controller.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Negative. I like the advice of you getting a stand alone doser to see if you like the ecosystem. The dosers are really good, but you might prefer Apex stylings.

The stand-alone can be expanded to include the KHD, IOND, and automated dosing control without getting a GHL controller.
I thought that would be the case. Yes, I agree it seems to be good advice. I have two DOS at the moment. What do you mean Apex Stylings?

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like my Profilux 4. That thing is really solid and if I were forced to buy a controller tomorrow there's no question I would choose another Profilux. It doesn't have an "IOS" interface though. There may be times when you may need to refer to a 2 minute youtube video to get instruction on how to do some things.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like my Profilux 4. That thing is really solid and if I were forced to buy a controller tomorrow there's no question I would choose another Profilux. It doesn't have an "IOS" interface though. There may be times when you may need to refer to a 2 minute youtube video to get instruction on how to do some things.
Thanks very much for sharing your view. Really appreciate you taking the time

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Glad to hear you're enjoying the controller!
Just a heads up, the interface we use for our app and cloud platform is identical on android and iOS devices. :)

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought that would be the case. Yes, I agree it seems to be good advice. I have two DOS at the moment. What do you mean Apex Stylings?

From the user interface and programming perspective.

I for instance really like the GHL interface and most of the programming methodology.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the user interface and programming perspective.

I for instance really like the GHL interface and most of the programming methodology.
Although I understand that the user interface is being improved it is still the one concern I have about the switch from the Apex. Still appears to be less user friendly but I suppose it’s just a case of getting use to it

Jeremy Luke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really will catch on to the user interface quickly. I do need to look at YouTube videos sometimes to understand how to do things such as setting up email alerts, etc. When this happens it's a 2 minute view and then I get it.

I want a computer that I know, no matter what will always function as expected. Even when there are power outages or whatever. My Profilux has been running for almost 3 years and never, ever malfunctioned in any way. It is in the cabinet with the sump, skimmer and all that other stuff (hostile environment).

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You really will catch on to the user interface quickly. I do need to look at YouTube videos sometimes to understand how to do things such as setting up email alerts, etc. When this happens it's a 2 minute view and then I get it.

I want a computer that I know, no matter what will always function as expected. Even when there are power outages or whatever. My Profilux has been running for almost 3 years and never, ever malfunctioned in any way. It is in the cabinet with the sump, skimmer and all that other stuff (hostile environment).
Thanks for the reassurance. I have already watched a number of the videos just to get the feel of it. My Apex is in the cabinet near the sump so that’s where any GHL kit would go as well.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I understand that the user interface is being improved it is still the one concern I have about the switch from the Apex. Still appears to be less user friendly but I suppose it’s just a case of getting use to it

The lack of wizards I would say is less user friendly, but it is getting used to how things are organized. Overly simplified.... In Apex, each object/outlet is its own sandbox for programming and timing. In GHL, timers and functions are in collective pools that can be used by the outlets and things.

A Quality of Life thing I hope GHL can do in the future is being able to include the descriptions along with the generic "Timer 1" or "Logic 14" name. That should make programming a bit easier.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lack of wizards I would say is less user friendly, but it is getting used to how things are organized. Overly simplified.... In Apex, each object/outlet is its own sandbox for programming and timing. In GHL, timers and functions are in collective pools that can be used by the outlets and things.

A Quality of Life thing I hope GHL can do in the future is being able to include the descriptions along with the generic "Timer 1" or "Logic 14" name. That should make programming a bit easier.
Hmm not sure its making my final decision any easier but thanks for your explanation.

Back