Consolidating Reef Brite Power Supply

reeferkojack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I’m running (4) Reef Brites which are all 18 inches. I want to consolidate them to one power supply. I have (2) Actinic Lumi Lites, (1) 50/50 Lumi Lite and (1) Actinic Lumi Lite Pro. From what I gathered, max power output is about 20 watts at full power. I’m going to use the power supply below which is 144W. The power supply that came with each strip is 30W. I’ll use a splitter to distribute the power. Has anyone done this before? Thanks!

ALITOVE 24V 6A Power Supply Adapter Converter 100-240V AC to DC 24 Volt 144W 6Amp 5.5A 5A 4A Transformer with 5.5x2.5mm Plug for LED Strip Light CCTV Camera LCD Monitor Massage Chair https://a.co/d/dbaFIgt

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with consolidating supplies, but do yourself a favor and buy a known supply from a manufacturer which puts a UL, CSA, or TUV safety mark on the product, and not a random half priced supply from the current consonant and vowel randomizer on Amazon.

Delta, Meanwell, Phi Hong, CUI (non exhaustive list) all make good quality power bricks.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R

reeferkojack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with consolidating supplies, but do yourself a favor and buy a known supply from a manufacturer which puts a UL, CSA, or TUV safety mark on the product, and not a random half priced supply from the current consonant and vowel randomizer on Amazon.

Delta, Meanwell, Phi Hong, CUI (non exhaustive list) all make good quality power bricks.
Ok thanks I appreciate the feedback. I’m going to get a better quality brick. Do you suggest any good websites to buy a better quality power supply instead of trying to find a good one on Amazon?

Upvote 0

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks I appreciate the feedback. I’m going to get a better quality brick. Do you suggest any good websites to buy a better quality power supply instead of trying to find a good one on Amazon?
Just go by numbers.
Screenshot_20231019-082007.png

Pricey though and a din end to deal with.

You can save a lot going with the caged style
4 yr warranty

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back