View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stats1.PNG

Tank:
13.5G Fluval Evo - 5 months old
1 Clownfish, 1 Tuxedo Urchin

Is the ammonia supposed to be zero (Hanna Checker)? Everyone in the tank is happy and eating and swimming fine.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no reason to need ammonia to be lower, whether that value is real or not. It's a good source of N for organisms, and some folks dose it.

Upvote 0

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a valuable data plot above for timing studies because it’s digital at least. Part of the new wave of ammonia control tracking for reefing / phasing out the guess at a color tube and report it as fact method

Preface that data set if you can w cycling details

what brand bottle bac did you use, the cycle was started rather quickly there on that log

Let’s see which bottle bac did that cycle hold shown

your bioload increased over time yet the hold constant didn’t falter that is pretty neat

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible at all that you can run an api and or a Red Sea common non digital ammonia test and post the pics/helps get data on match rates between measurement systems

I can see you had the tank cycled a while before the hanna was started, or did you have hanna testing logs from day one of the cycle

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 58 40.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 28.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back