Contact Info for Marine Science High School (Groton, CT)

firstlight10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have contact info for the science teacher at the Marine Science High School? I am moving in a couple weeks and want to donate some unneeded equipment/ supplies.

OP
OP
firstlight10

firstlight10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All set, stopping by the school this week. I'm headed to the Charleston, SC area to be closer to family. Moving the tanks doesn't look like its going to be any fun.

OP
OP
firstlight10

firstlight10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, give me a shout when you get down there and we can meet up. I have family in the area so I've been spending quite a bit of time there and know the area decently well. There is at least one good LFS in North Charleston.

LeslieP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting back to family is good, but we will be sorry to see you go. Let me know if you need help with anything.

Masedaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, give me a shout when you get down there and we can meet up. I have family in the area so I've been spending quite a bit of time there and know the area decently well. There is at least one good LFS in North Charleston.

Yes Joe knows Reefs is in Hanahan. There is Tideline Aquatics as well, but they have basic stuff mostly.

I'm originally from SC, I grew up in the Spartanburg area till around 12, then moved down to Mount Pleasant area. I moved up to CT after I joined the military.

What area are you moving to? We are looking in the Summerville area just based on the school system, they are rated 9-10/10 and we have school age children.

I look forward to meeting up down there. I've known Joe for a while and he has a very nice facility in Hanahan. Talk to you soon.

- Mason

OP
OP
firstlight10

firstlight10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the offer Leslie, I'll let you know.

For right now I am staying with family in Mount Pleasant. I am looking for a house or land to build one on Johns Island as I really like that area and I want to be within commuting distance of downtown Charleston. I'm hoping to be down there within the next two weeks pending things go well with everything.

Good luck with your house search and if I can be of any assistance please let me know.

Sean

OP
OP
firstlight10

firstlight10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update: Things seem to go about as smooth as expected considering the circumstances. So far (3 days in) the fish are eating reasonably well. Unfortunately my moving truck with my light is behind schedule so things are touch and go. I have some natural light on the tank and hopefully that'll suffice until the rest of my equipment gets here.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update: Things seem to go about as smooth as expected considering the circumstances. So far (3 days in) the fish are eating reasonably well. Unfortunately my moving truck with my light is behind schedule so things are touch and go. I have some natural light on the tank and hopefully that'll suffice until the rest of my equipment gets here.
I head that way time to time to check out the Charleston aquarium. Might have to meet up. I still haven't stopped by Joe knows reefs so I'll have to do that. It's 2 hours from my house. I'm in savannah

OP
OP
firstlight10

firstlight10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't found a house yet, the tanks and I are staying with family until I find a place to buy.

I head that way time to time to check out the Charleston aquarium. Might have to meet up. I still haven't stopped by Joe knows reefs so I'll have to do that. It's 2 hours from my house. I'm in savannah

Let me know when you'll be down in this area, the aquarium is good but its best to wait until after Labor Day to avoid the crowds.

Masedaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at the Charleston Aquarium with my kids and my nephew in July. I love that place, very cool!

9b6f3a69bc4763df56b321f2b72459f2.jpg

32ea331df030665370900eb5841b1c85.jpg

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at the Charleston Aquarium with my kids and my nephew in July. I love that place, very cool!

9b6f3a69bc4763df56b321f2b72459f2.jpg

32ea331df030665370900eb5841b1c85.jpg
Wait a minute man! What day in July were you there?? Yall are looking very familiar!! I forgot to wear my reefsquad shirt out of all places to go lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back