Contest Qualifiers for the Level Up Contest (week #4 updated)

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0...this forum (R2R giveaway and contest) doesnt count. I would imagine they would all count as long as they are 25 characters and in the proper forum. The real way to win this is starting new topics though. Takes 1 topic to = 5 posts.

chort55

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0...this forum (R2R giveaway and contest) doesnt count. I would imagine they would all count as long as they are 25 characters and in the proper forum. The real way to win this is starting new topics though. Takes 1 topic to = 5 posts.

Yeah I understand in this forum that it wouldnt count.... but they do it site wide not just in here. And if you do that b.s. enough it is quicker then starting a new thread really.... only takes 5 to earn the same as a new topic. ;)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah I understand in this forum that it wouldnt count.... but they do it site wide not just in here. And if you do that b.s. enough it is quicker then starting a new thread really.... only takes 5 to earn the same as a new topic. ;)

If you see problem post that you feel like should not be counted please report them. Thanks.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry guys been meaning to get these last qualifiers listed and have forgotten!

I will get them now and we will do a drawing tomorrow! WOOT!

Thanks.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Week #4 updated on the 4th post!

Drawing tomorrow!

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed some of the top qualifiers do alot of responding and don't hit the multi quote.... does this count as multiple posts or are they systematically added as one post like they should be really?

I may be one of the people that you are talking about and that's fine, but I would like to add that on tapatalk I do not have the option to multi quote. I also have been having problems with tapatalk crashing so when I get a big post going I will send it so I don't lose everything (which has happened many times).

I have noticed several threads started in the reef discussion that should very clearly be in the lounge. I think they were intentionally put in the reef discussion to gain points for this contest.

chort55

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you see problem post that you feel like should not be counted please report them. Thanks.

Pretty much anything from.... Young Frankenstein.... Misplaced junk, stuff that has nothing to do with the title, and just pointless posts. He was probably the worst about it. I even called him out on it in one of his threads, and he turned around and sent me a friend request lol

I may be one of the people that you are talking about and that's fine, but I would like to add that on tapatalk I do not have the option to multi quote. I also have been having problems with tapatalk crashing so when I get a big post going I will send it so I don't lose everything (which has happened many times).

I have noticed several threads started in the reef discussion that should very clearly be in the lounge. I think they were intentionally put in the reef discussion to gain points for this contest.

No, actually the posts I've seen of yours haven't been bad IMO, but I didn't see alot of yours either. I didn't go searching for what people were doing or trying to keep tabs on people, just noticed some while I was searching for things I might be able to help someone with.

Yeah definitely a bit of that and mistitled threads to look like they should go somewhere and don't have anything to do with much of anything of value.... Its really just kinda pathetic if you have to do stuff like that to cheat to try to win a piece of equipment.

Last edited:

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's all just a fun contest to encourage activity. No need to worry too much about it. In the end even if you only made the list once and were at the. bottom you still have a chance to win

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty much anything from.... Young Frankenstein.... Misplaced junk, stuff that has nothing to do with the title, and just pointless posts. He was probably the worst about it. I even called him out on it in one of his threads, and he turned around and sent me a friend request lol

+1

I agree it's very frustrating as a serious forum user to see this type of activity. It waters down everything that these forums mean. It's especially a slap in the face to people who try to post good knowledgeable information...only to get drowned out by useless filler posts.

Also the "good morning" posts shouldn't count (I assume they don't). I don't even understand that. Why not just have an ongoing thread where everyone can talk in the morning?

Last edited:

lickyricky

Red Sea Max E-170
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here are the results for week #4 in no particular order.

Steelerfan747 was the top point getter this week and will receive 5 entries.

Week #4 Qualifiers

Steelerfan747
wysiwyg
Cooper32803
ritter6788
BarbH
Young Frankenstein
Loki2902
Mike&Terry
SeahorseKeeper
byron
Pkunk35
uall8up
Pappy
Rockadile
chris13115
skinz78
Electrobes
Heller792
303travism
Ace25
lickyricky
mcarroll
Steven R
BullSnapper
RogerWilco357
anemonekeeper

There was one extra entry because the 2 lowest point members had the same amount of points. So there were 26 qualifiers this week.
wow...I qualified??? yea!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's all just a fun contest to encourage activity. No need to worry too much about it. In the end even if you only made the list once and were at the. bottom you still have a chance to win

This ^^^^ 100%

Anything in the lounge does not count. As far as YF goes he post a LOT of great info on the forums just like many of you! :D

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back