Control boards, iv got a question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike7744
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mike7744

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2021
Messages
403
Reaction score
183
Location
Wareham
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see all these great control board posts, how can you get these all to work when the equipment wires are from 4' to 6' long, I just don't get it :). Does everyone use extension cords on there equipment?
If I make a control board. It would have to be under my tank right next to my sump.
I see these great external cabinets I don't get how this is possible.
Can anyone give me some pointers on this subject.
Thanks
 
I agree that virtually every piece of equipment should come with a *minimum• 8 foot electrical cord, and controller cord. 10' would be better.
 
I don’t have a controller cabinet but ran two multiple outlet extension cords into the tank cabinet and plug everything there with the chords wrapped up.
 
I have two controller boards...one each in a bookcase on either side of my 210g. Most, if not all, of the electrical wires are available from the manufacturer in "extension" cords. That is how I did mine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new