Control Kessil A360WE by GHL Profilux 3.1

  • Thread starter Thread starter YellowFin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

YellowFin

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2024
Messages
4
Reaction score
19
Location
Belgium
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a new illumination project i would like some help with.

I bought 3 Kessil A360WE Tuna Sun lights, i bought the wrong lights, i should have bought the A360X series that could be controlled in groups by the Kessel own controller. So my fault.

I figured that, since the Kessil A360WE Tuna Sun are 1-10V controlled, they could be controlled by my Profilux system.

The setup i want is to divide the 3 lights into 2 groups:
- 1 group would be 1 light for the left side of my tank, i would like to set that one on 9000K collor and higher light intensity.
- second group would be the other 2 lights daisy chained to each other that i want to set on 6000K collor en lower light intensity.

Each group should be abble to run an individual setting for intensity or timeprogram (sunrise, sunset);

I read here on the forum that i need a GHL Breakoutbox to link the Kessil light to the profilux L-Port. I also saw a video from Ditto fron this forum on youtube on that topic

My question, do i need more than 1 breakoutbox for the setup i want? 1 for each group i want to create?
I know there is a cable to connect the Kessil lights to a Neptune Apex system. (a 3.5 jack to UTP cable), would this be an option.

I would like these lights to use the light effects from the Profilux, like thunderstorms (lightening effect), clouds, moonfases, etc. Do I need to pass the breakoutbox through a GHL Simu-L module for this or is the breakoutbox sufficient to realize this? These effects are possible through the Kessil controler, so i know the lights can do these effects.

Is the illumination project i want to realize possible?

Big thank you in advance.
 
put in a ticket, that's what I would do. Vinny will probably respond, and let you know. good job though, I'm at 4 years, and still cant figure out my GHL. I'm sure he's probably hoping I order something else lol!! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 
put in a ticket, that's what I would do. Vinny will probably respond, and let you know. good job though, I'm at 4 years, and still cant figure out my GHL. I'm sure he's probably hoping I order something else lol!! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Thank you for the reply.
I have no problem with the profilux system, it is working as it should, nor have i problems with the Kessil lights.
I saw a deal, jumped on to it without looking further into it, bought the wrong serie lights, threw away the packaging so i couldn't bring the lights back to switch them for the other series. All my fault

I saw a video on youtube from Ditto referring to this forum to use a breakoutbox from GHL to control these Kessil lights i have. That was only 1 light.
I want to control 3 light into 2 groups. I saw multiple Kessil threads here, so i figured there would be some people who could help me with this setup. I contacted Kessil and profilux and they are pointing to each other for further advice.

I realy hope to find some answers here, do i need multiple breakoutboxes, 1 for each group or is my setup at the end even possible.
 
Anyone got some technical input or know-how about the setup i would like to realize?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new