Controller Board for Waterbox REEF 70.2

howme127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
I'm was a bit restless tonight so I decided to take all the info I could find and draw up a few 3d drawings of Waterbox's 70.2. I was hoping to get a head start on planing out locations of equipment. The first thing I wanted to do is come up with the most elegant way to do a controller box for this guy. My first idea was to do a tray/drawer that could be on slides and display the controller board when pulled out. I feel like there's just not enough room with the sump equipment to do this, so my unfortunate second idea is to do a nice double false wall cabinet next to it. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe someone thats gone down this road before?

Here's some screen shots for reference. These are complete by any means, but I'll keep adding to it once I have controllers in hand.

image (54).png

image (55).png

image (69).png

OP
OP
howme127

howme127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ooooo I like the drawer idea!!! Very sleek! I’d just make the stand a bit taller! Also!!! Welcome to r2r!!!
Thanks! I plan on working out full ideas in the next few days. I’ll post here in case someone has something to add. I’m not ditching the drawer just yet either! ;)

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly work has distracted me, I plan on finishing this out and I'll be modeling and printing a dual ecotech controller holder for a friend...
I assume the drawer will have heat ventilation holes...will there be fans added to this? I like the rendering so far

OP
OP
howme127

howme127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume the drawer will have heat ventilation holes...will there be fans added to this? I like the rendering so far
Yeah this is just blocked out for idea sake and conversation. I'm not sure what all will be added just yet, I'm def open to ideas, which is why I posted.

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah this is just blocked out for idea sake and conversation. I'm not sure what all will be added just yet, I'm def open to ideas, which is why I posted.
I like it so far...I revamped my current sump and realized that computer fans was the trick to keep the sump area cool and stable

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the drawer concept, only concern is if you're actively working on the tank, want to adjust a controller - there is a pretty big wet hand dripping / splash target down there with the drawer open :)

OP
OP
howme127

howme127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the drawer concept, only concern is if you're actively working on the tank, want to adjust a controller - there is a pretty big wet hand dripping / splash target down there with the drawer open :)
Yeah not my favorite either, there's just no room in the stand!! I'm looking into a vertical drawer version too... just got pulled away by a favor for a friend, making a 3 gang ecotech controller holder... printing now.

image (71).png

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 164 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back