Controller? Monitor? Doser? What do recommend for new build but not newbie?

Kevinmj70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a Cade 1500 Reef S2 on the way as an upgrade from a 20gl with a canister filter. We have had the 20gl for 18 months and have done manual testing for all major parameters. We have had some success with softies, LPS and SPS, including acros. I want to continue a mixed tank that I hope to be Acro dominant one day. Question- Which electronic monitoring/dosing equipment do you recommend? Is there a good option that is scalable (won’t need to do much dosing in the early months) We do you understand everything needs to calibrated and double checked. We have experience with electronics and integration of hardware and software. Thank you

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As far as making your reef into a self aware cyborg. . . Apex/Trident seems to be the most popular/most used. If I am not mistaken there is a ton of different stuff it can do and a ton of stuff you can add or not add as you see fit.

I don't own an Apex/Trident. . . cause I am poor.

MDAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex, especially for intermediate reefers. Ive been hearing really good things about the Hydros systems too. With the new Apex Jr systems they are pretty expandable so you can grow into it a bit.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back