Controller mounting/powerstrip safe in the sump cabinet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jadedog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jadedog

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2025
Messages
382
Reaction score
206
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the hydro x10 and xp8 energy bar. I was wondering what do most of you guys do for mounting controllers in or outside the sump cabinet? I currently mounted mine inside but im wondering if its better off outside of the stand? Where do you mount your controllers or powerstrips?
 
High and dry is best. Inside or outside the cabinet is up to you.
I mounted it as high as I could get it I think im just anxious lol. I think its about 1 foot from the socks.
 

Attachments

  • 20251007_221703.jpg
    20251007_221703.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 69
I mounted it as high as I could get it I think im just anxious lol. I think its about 1 foot from the socks.
Looks perfect. Is that a redsea tank?
 
I mounted it as high as I could get it I think im just anxious lol. I think its about 1 foot from the socks.
Looks good!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new