Controlling a RO Varios pump frmo Profilux

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this cable simply plug into a L1/L2 port and the other end into the Varios controller?

or does the cable need to be modified?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope - GHL use RJ12 for the 1-10 V outlets - Apex RJ45. You need an outbreak box and knowing what is + and gnd on the phone jacket - something like this but for the vario phone jacket. Note - I use an old version of the outbreak box

Sincerely Lasse

Dr. Jim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the wiring that I used for connecting the IceCap Y-Module cable to the current GHL Breakout box. (I used it on two VarioS pumps …. and it is working fine).

Skimmer is on left and connected to yellow port 1/2; Main pump is on right and connected to yellow port 3/4.

L.M. Breakout box-L and R.jpg

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope - GHL use RJ12 for the 1-10 V outlets - Apex RJ45. You need an outbreak box and knowing what is + and gnd on the phone jacket - something like this but for the vario phone jacket. Note - I use an old version of the outbreak box

Sincerely Lasse
If I cut the RJ45 off and crimped a RJ12 on with the correct pinout would it work? Surley it's just a matter of 1) finding the pin out of the L1/L2 ports (which I have seen somewhere on the internet) and then tracing each wire on the Y adopted cable (or even better finding the Icecap pintout on the internet)

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I cut the RJ45 off and crimped a RJ12 on with the correct pinout would it work? Surley it's just a matter of 1) finding the pin out of the L1/L2 ports (which I have seen somewhere on the internet) and then tracing each wire on the Y adopted cable (or even better finding the Icecap pintout on the internet)
Interested to know too!

sharafin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the wiring that I used for connecting the IceCap Y-Module cable to the current GHL Breakout box. (I used it on two VarioS pumps …. and it is working fine).

Skimmer is on left and connected to yellow port 1/2; Main pump is on right and connected to yellow port 3/4.

L.M. Breakout box-L and R.jpg
Dear

need you help. I found this cable in Aqua Medic. However as you can see the colors aren’t matching! It’s yellow and blue. How to link these cables in the BO box?

thanks in advance.

58A82001-70D0-467F-87A7-D70F23C5C480.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%

Back