Controlling Ammonia in QT?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jray8
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jray8

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2025
Messages
34
Reaction score
11
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does one control ammonia in a QT? When I set it up I used bio media from the DT but it seems to not be doing much. My ammonia has now hit 1.0 ppm which is where I would normally do a sizable water change, but if I do that I will be removing the meds.
thoughts?

Thank you
 
You can do water changes during qt as long as the water is medicated to the same levels as the qt
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new