Controlling Phosphate

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run rowaphos GFO 24/7 and heavy in both my systems and if you keep phosphate locked down at less than around 0.03 you will avoid many of the problems you read about

You might need to change it frequently to start, or it won’t work. As the levels are reduced you might get some leaching from the rocks

If my Hanna reads zero I’m delighted, because of error margins and bioload it won’t be, it will just be very low.

OP
OP
D

Deschutes541

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run rowaphos GFO 24/7 and heavy in both my systems and if you keep phosphate locked down at less than around 0.03 you will avoid many of the problems you read about

You might need to change it frequently to start, or it won’t work. As the levels are reduced you might get some leaching from the rocks

If my Hanna reads zero I’m delighted, because of error margins and bioload it won’t be, it will just be very low.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back