OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, they are a significant improvement over the Beckett. Imagine that’s why MTC switched over ... that and availability LOL. Even though I have swappable Beckett assemblies for my HSA3000s, I have not used them.

I’d be curious to know which mazzei you used.

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m almost incapable of resisting buying up old MTC equipment. Now the ‘proud’ owner of yet another HSA3000. Cost me a lot less than buying just the raw acrylic. Now I have a spare LOL. Will probably amuse myself by restoring it and converting the beckets to mazzei. No vaccine yet for papa, so what else do I have to keep me occupied LOL.
If you ever get down to New Jersey let me know. I have an HSA 3000 thats been sittin in my barn for 15 years. You can have it!

Mike S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m almost incapable of resisting buying up old MTC equipment. Now the ‘proud’ owner of yet another HSA3000. Cost me a lot less than buying just the raw acrylic. Now I have a spare LOL. Will probably amuse myself by restoring it and converting the beckets to mazzei. No vaccine yet for papa, so what else do I have to keep me occupied LOL.

Just put your skimmers little brother up for sale unfortunately... dual recirculating mazzei. I’m downsizing and cant find a way to fit a 48 inch skimmer under a 36 inch stand and I have strict orders to keep everything contained and out of view. I’ve thought about leaving our Xmas tree up year round and trying to hide the skimmer behind it. Not sure that will fly.

MTC made a smaller in sump skimmer before the closed its doors. Do you recall the name of it by any chance.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MVX I believe.

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever get down to New Jersey let me know. I have an HSA 3000 thats been sittin in my barn for 15 years. You can have it!

LOL, I'm in NJ frequently. What town?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back