Converting a tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter ATC
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ATC

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2021
Messages
89
Reaction score
45
Location
Alto
What state or country do you live in
New Mexico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife has decided her 16 gallon waterbox planted tank is boring and she now wants to dip her toes in the reef world she’s wanting to do rock nems and maybe some lps. The question is what is she going to need to do equipment wise I know we’ve got to change the light out I think I’m going to order another so prime they seem to be doing well on my 2 smaller tanks. it’s got a canister filter on it now just trying to figure out if we are better of drilling it and putting in a small sump or if there is a way to make the setup she’s got work for saltwater. I’ve got 3 reef tanks already a 22 gallon aio cube zoa only tank about 6 months old , a 34 gallon aio cube softie tank about a year old and a 90 gallon mixed reef that’s coming up on 2 years. but this one will be the smallest yet and I want to give her the best chance for success I want her to enjoy it. Thanks for all the help.

image.jpg
 
Canister filter should be fine on a small tank. You just need to be aware to keep it clean.
A HOB like the seachem tidal would be preferable.
Primes good lights.
Make sure you have lots of live rock as well. Dont use dry or you will have a very difficult time with stability for a long while.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new