Converting ecotech m2 output for 3/4 tubing

  • Thread starter Thread starter alindell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

alindell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2016
Messages
1,054
Reaction score
597
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have a sicce return pump that connects to 1 inch return soft tubing as my main pump. In the case of emergency meaning that pump stops working, I have a back up m2 ecotech pump. The issue is the barb that fits the output of the ecotech pump does not fit the 1 inch tubing inch tubing. I would need bigger tubing and I don't want to change around the tubing. Without changing the tubing id like to somehow quickly connect the 1 inch tubing to the output of the ecotech pump. The S2 barb is 3/4 inch and fits great for soft tubing, but does not connect to the output of the M2. Basically I need a 3/4 inch S2 barb fitting to fit with the output of the M2. Is there anything I can buy?
 
So I have a sicce return pump that connects to 1 inch return soft tubing as my main pump. In the case of emergency meaning that pump stops working, I have a back up m2 ecotech pump. The issue is the barb that fits the output of the ecotech pump does not fit the 1 inch tubing inch tubing. I would need bigger tubing and I don't want to change around the tubing. Without changing the tubing id like to somehow quickly connect the 1 inch tubing to the output of the ecotech pump. The S2 barb is 3/4 inch and fits great for soft tubing, but does not connect to the output of the M2. Basically I need a 3/4 inch S2 barb fitting to fit with the output of the M2. Is there anything I can buy?
You should be able to adapt it pretty easily with commonly available adapters and fittings. Just bring the pump with you into home depot and find a combination of fittings that work. From what you described, you probably just need a threaded reducer fitting coupled with a threaded to barb fitting. The threaded adapter will be with PVC fittings and the barbed will be with or near the in-ground sprinkler system fittings if its anything like my Home Depot.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new