Converting refugium light to Blue/light leds

  • Thread starter Thread starter kryz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kryz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2018
Messages
185
Reaction score
100
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I purchased an Acke led grow light off of amazon for a refugium a couple months ago and it has worked great for that purpose. However, I'm looking to get like 8 more inches of coverage in my display tank so I was thinking about converting it to the blue and white spectrum with some diy leds. It looks pretty easy to open up the case. The current leds are all on one square board and the power cord is soldered directly to that board. My question is does any one know of of place that sells an 'led board' in the blue and white spectrum. I have browsed but couldnt seem to find one. I'm not sure of the correct terminology for this either. I am open to just wiring together individual leds inside the case as well, but I have never made a diy light so any advice is appreciated.

Link to light
https://www.google.com/search?q=ref...droid-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Picture
Screenshot_20190611-200922_Amazon Shopping.jpg
 
I would not do that as it would reduce the effectivity of the refugium. algae tend to do better in the reddish range. if you are going to diy one I would just diy a new light for your display tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new