convict tang

Ninic Luka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yesterday i trade in corals for convict tang at my lfs he is currently 2inches long he eats but he looks like he is stressed u put methaline blue in his qt tank to reduce stress. any tips im not new to the hobby and tangs had scopas blue tang and yellow tang so far im just new to this genus of tang. any tips
P.S. he has lot of hiding places. his light is not on its just ambient light

Attachments

• IMG_9433.MP4
    60.3 MB

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be a stress response. I would dim the lights and leave it be for a while.

drmdvl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QT is quite stressful especially when they are in there alone. When there are no other fish out swimming in open water they can be in a constant state of predation or rather being preyed upon - lots of hiding, low lights and sometimes feeding then walking away. Also, by looks of your video, he is chasing his own reflection - which I have had tangs do in QT - they can be very territorial. May want to put a towel around the sides of the tank to reduce reflection. Good luck

OP
OP
Ninic Luka

Ninic Luka

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
QT is quite stressful especially when they are in there alone. When there are no other fish out swimming in open water they can be in a constant state of predation or rather being preyed upon - lots of hiding, low lights and sometimes feeding then walking away. Also, by looks of your video, he is chasing his own reflection - which I have had tangs do in QT - they can be very territorial. May want to put a towel around the sides of the tank to reduce reflection. Good luck
it is solved on the insides i out black foam ovs and now he is calm. he doesnt show any signs of stress

Back