cool invert stuff

dnb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one of my favorites is seeing cool invert stuff up close. Got a few random ones (conch laying eggs, sea cucumber poo) id love to see what you all have pictures of
Conch and eggs.jpg
eggs.jpg
cucumber poo.jpg

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think lots of things inverts do are cool but not great at thinking to capture much so below are just a couple of pedestrian micro brittle star items...

Video of micro brittle star spawning:

Micro brittle star "monkeying" around in a sinularia (should've gone for a video but didn't):

brittlestar_2.jpeg

OH, WAIT -- I also like this shrimp with molt in QT from long ago for some reason:

shrimp_molt1.jpeg

Last edited:

Shon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
one of my favorites is seeing cool invert stuff up close. Got a few random ones (conch laying eggs, sea cucumber poo) id love to see what you all have pictures of
Conch and eggs.jpg
eggs.jpg
cucumber poo.jpg
Is that a Florida crown? (Melongena corona)

Drop a small live clam or oyster up front by the glass and watch the magic that straw faced baddy can do.

This is a group of those crowny boys chowing down on a crab at my local kayak launch.
20221201_095257.jpg

OP
OP
dnb

dnb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think lots of things inverts do are cool but not great at thinking to capture much so below are just a couple of pedestrian micro brittle star items...

Video of micro brittle star spawning:

Micro brittle star "monkeying" around in a sinularia (should've gone for a video but didn't):

brittlestar_2.jpeg

OH, WAIT -- I also like this shrimp with molt in QT from long ago for some reason:

shrimp_molt1.jpeg

awesome, agreed on never capturing the coolness.. these are things that you would never get to notice during a dive

OP
OP
dnb

dnb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a Florida crown? (Melongena corona)

Drop a small live clam or oyster up front by the glass and watch the magic that straw faced baddy can do.

This is a group of those crowny boys chowing down on a crab at my local kayak launch.
20221201_095257.jpg
yeah its a Florida crown..... well was... annoying past of being out of the state for a year for work, hired 3 local garbage companies to watch over it while gone... long story short all those garbage companies never showed up, even once.... karma rocks though, all 3 out of business as of today

Back