what are your favorite invertebrates?

smitten with ocean life

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2024
Messages
7,806
Reaction score
25,834
Location
CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have this thing with invertebrate. i just find them fascinating! lets see some pics of your favorites and tell me why you love them! this is one of my very favorites. the conch. the way they swing their eyeballs around cracks me up!
20260608_142009.jpg
 
Love me a Tuxedo Urchin! I find their thieving tendencies equally annoying and endearing. LOL
 
i have this thing with invertebrate. i just find them fascinating! lets see some pics of your favorites and tell me why you love them! this is one of my very favorites. the conch. the way they swing their eyeballs around cracks me up!
20260608_142009.jpg
I love my strawberry conch! It's my oldest tank inhabitant :)
 
I love my Skuk cleaner shrimp, always out and about and clean my hands when they are in the water.
IMG_7291.jpeg
 
My favorite is the Fire/Blood/Scarlet Shrimp even though all mine does is hide on the back of the aquascape all day until feeding time 😅

I've had my current one for 4 years or so now and the previous one I had for 3 or 4 years (didn't survive a big move from Texas to Florida).
 
I love my Skuk cleaner shrimp, always out and about and clean my hands when they are in the water.
IMG_7291.jpeg
im with you! i have had mine for close to 2 years now. they are beautiful!
 
i have this thing with invertebrate. i just find them fascinating! lets see some pics of your favorites and tell me why you love them! this is one of my very favorites. the conch. the way they swing their eyeballs around cracks me up!
20260608_142009.jpg
I love my strawberry conch! It's my oldest tank inhabitant :)
Do you notice that they make a difference in the sand bed. I just bought two and am trying to see if they clean it at all.
 
Do you notice that they make a difference in the sand bed. I just bought two and am trying to see if they clean it at all.
i do really think they make a difference. mine are always cleaning. but i do have a mix of different critters in the sand
 
Pom pom crab. I only see mine once a month or so and mainly when the lights are out. But they are just so cool looking.
forgot about that one!! i had one years ago and he was a favorite! always waving his pom poms around! i should try another one. thanks for the reminder!
 
Do you notice that they make a difference in the sand bed. I just bought two and am trying to see if they clean it at all.
i do really think they make a difference. mine are always cleaning. but i do have a mix of different critters in the sand
Good to hear. I have a diamond goby, cerith snails and nassarius snails too. I would like to keep the area under the sand against the glass cleaner if possible.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new