Coolest fish ever!

Haydn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I worked in the trade this was our most returned fish. We had one that despite our warnings to potential owners it was bought and returned at least 6 times. The last time to a customer who set up a tank just for the fish but returned it when he nearly lost a finger to it! It lived out it's days in a large tub at the back of the shop feasting on crabs and shop casualties.

lovely fish but not for the feint hearted

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a cool fish! Had one back in 2001/2 and it was a mean fish. I gave it the name "A$$hole" for obvious reasons. It killed a few other fish and I eventually traded it for something more docile (which is just about any other species). Still, it's a beautiful fish.

OP
OP
dyno

dyno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see, I had so see how mean they are myself. He is so much smaller than the other fish I am really curious to see how mean could he be? I am feeding him really well, woow what an aggressive eater!

OP
OP
dyno

dyno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish!

Huge pond? There is virtually no chance that will work out long term.
I have then opposite experience. They all get along great. None have gone into killer mode over night or anything. But I know @nereefpat I grew up in the hobby learning that all triggers hate each other and go bizerk out of no where too

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have then opposite experience. They all get along great. None have gone into killer mode over night or anything. But I know @nereefpat I grew up in the hobby learning that all triggers hate each other and go bizerk out of no where too
They get along fine for now. My concern is long-term, especially the clown and undulate. A 2-3" one is much different than a 5" one, or an eventual one twice that size or more.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back