Coolest tang ever

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently added this guy to our tank, maybe 6 or so weeks ago. He is the coolest fish ever. Not at all tang like. So friendly. Always comes right to us when we are looking at the tank and will follow us. Always has to get in every picture so I took one just of him. If videos were actually watchable without using YouTube I would’ve posted one because he’s such a character! Finishing up acquiring plumbing and equipment for our impending tank upgrade so soon this one will have double+ area and hopefully some new friends if they all survive QT! No point to this post other than to brag about this guy (or girl-who knows!)
9501C219-F795-4FF5-9C3B-234279879BCB.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently added this guy to our tank, maybe 6 or so weeks ago. He is the coolest fish ever. Not at all tang like. So friendly. Always comes right to us when we are looking at the tank and will follow us. Always has to get in every picture so I took one just of him. If videos were actually watchable without using YouTube I would’ve posted one because he’s such a character! Finishing up acquiring plumbing and equipment for our impending tank upgrade so soon this one will have double+ area and hopefully some new friends if they all survive QT! No point to this post other than to brag about this guy (or girl-who knows!)
9501C219-F795-4FF5-9C3B-234279879BCB.jpeg
The Blonde Naso is one of my dream fish (Very similar to this guy however the dorsal is fully yellow) and for this reason. They have an actual personality compared to the other large tangs which just swim around.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naso's are one of the best imho, fish period. The intelligence is unparalleled. Friend of mine had one with stringers that would slowly pace the tank when him or his wife would walk by and would eat anything out of a humans hand. Even would allow petting.

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naso and vlamingi tangs are like puppies. Love them.

EDIT: Almost forgot the best part. If you get one big enough to be the largest fish in the tank, they actually temper other fishes attitudes by being huge and chill.

I consider these a must have for tanks 6' and up.

Last edited:

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost my 2nd blonde naso today. Twenty years ago I had absolutely no problem with them. I can't seem to keep them in this tank. He was eating though he was a little more shy than the rest. He wasn't bullied but there is some aggression in the tank and I suspect he was nervous.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back