Cooling Teco 500

Royalgipsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am a Norwegian using a cooler on my 70g for the first time this summer, because I discovered temperatures rised more than before. But my question is about one spesific question.
There is a setting where you can make the cooler/warming function kick in within a frame that you can choose from 0.5-3.0 degrees. Should I keep it at the lowest so it kicks in every so often or is it more natural with swaying a couple of degrees? I don't mind the noise at all since it's real quiet. The cooler is a Teco 500. Pic is only to make post a litle more alive.
-Rickhard

20200701_172550.jpg

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G’day hold set + up button for 3sec then cycle through menu till hy appears then press set now you. Can adjust from 0.5-10c variations. I have mine set at 0.5c and 25.5c so it chills at 26c and heats at 25c. There is a good manual at tecoponics.com

OP
OP
Royalgipsy

Royalgipsy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G’day hold set + up button for 3sec then cycle through menu till hy appears then press set now you. Can adjust from 0.5-10c variations. I have mine set at 0.5c and 25.5c so it chills at 26c and heats at 25c. There is a good manual at tecoponics.com
Thanks, that is apx what I did, except I have set at 25c. Is that maybe a bit cold? My aim is keeping 25 as stable I can with this, but I find it very often swaying between 25 and 25.7 and the chiller kicks in at least every 20-30 minutes as we have 30-34c inside the room since I have no AC and we are not used to this heat at all here.. Normal temps for us is 22-27c and below 20 at nights... That kind of temperatures is managable..
Btw is it normal that during chilling it keeps 0.5 over the set temperature, or should it keep it below a bit?
I really beg forgiveness for all these dumb questions, I am no newbie reefer, but I am new using cooler and so are everyone I know using them around me.. We simply never had use for them before..

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No prob mate, There can be a few variations with flow through chiller and turn over in tank but my teco tk500 has been bullet proof. I have mine set to 25.5c with a 0.5c set point so in winter when it drops to exactly 25c it will heat for about 40 min and stop at 25.5. In summer it’s the same with. 26c being when the chiller starts and brings it down to 25.5. I’m in Australia and very rarely will it heat and chill in the same day. FYI my chiller was 0.3c out when compared to Hanna salinity and temp checker so I adjusted it but probably wouldn’t have mattered.

Back