• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Copepods FS - $15

kent78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I culture Tigriopus genus copepods for my system and prefer feeding them over flake or frozen. Every several months my staggered cultures sync and produce more than I need so time to clear them out!

I have 8 oz bottles LOADED with hundreds of copepods for $15 per bottle. Shipping is USPS Priority (usually 1-3 day delivery) and is $7 - $14 (actual shipping cost) depending on your location. Please pm me how many bottles you would like, your address/ZIP and I will calculate shipping cost and give you my paypal address. Copepods will live in the bottles for 5-7 days. No need for breathable bags or expensive, overnight shipping.

I will ship these out on Tuesday for Wednesday - Friday delivery (depending where you live).

Limited supply available.

Here is some feedback from previous pod sales:
http://reef2reef.com/search/1354362/?q=hollback&o=relevance&c[node]=11

And all positive responses from Xentrader:
http://reef2reef.com/xentrader/hollback.10223/

copepodsMacro1.jpg

This is a good representation of the visible adults in a sample bottle. There are many more small ones that the camera didn't pickup. A majority of the adults are carrying eggs!

Copepods_zpsvlbejcbb.jpg
these pods must grow in the yard with sunlight, mine were about clear in color after 2nd generations lol

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 bottles to 33919 please, I won’t be able to receive them but can have them sent to a neighbor so they aren’t left outside, will they be ok til around 6ish in the bottles if they are brought inside?

OP
OP
hollback

hollback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
these pods must grow in the yard with sunlight, mine were about clear in color after 2nd generations lol

No, their color is actually due to the concentration/density of phytoplankton within the cultures. They are grown in monocultures in my basement in Ohio. :)

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would definitely recommend. Received my 3 bottles, packaged well, fair price, good product. Was not home at time of delivery, had neighbor grab package and put inside, all copepods were super active when I removed them from the box and acclimated the following day. Will order again.

Codyrhodes97c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some dense bottles of copepods for Monday shipping. Let me know if you're interested.

Thanks!
I definitely want to order some from you but I have a question I’m setting up a new tank should I wait until after the cycle to add pods is there a sweet spot when adding id like to get them in and established before I put my fish in.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back