Copepods

LFCBVB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I thought I was going to be doing a Refugium in my sump but didnt have the space. I now am running an chaeto algae reactor. Where would you guys recommend me putting my copepods? I have them still in a sealed jar from Algae Barn and they are still swimming around but Im not sure what I can do with them.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put them in your tank at night when the lights go off. They have a beter chance of not geting eaten right away.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn off pumps and put them in at night. Leave pumps off for half hour or so. That’s about the best you can do

OP
OP
LFCBVB

LFCBVB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have carnivorous fish, what other things are they good for besides a food source. Are they actually pretty good at eating algae?

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have even a small space in your sump, you can put rubble rock in it and pour the pods in there. You can use any plastic container that will fit in the small space, drill a lot of holes in it so that water will flow through it and put the rubble in it if you want it to be neat and tidy.

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a sump without a refugium and zero lights, I had tons of copepods in it. If they go hungry, they'll move around and make it to the tank to become delicious food for the fish and inverts and corals. The copepod "hotel" is the same concept but you gotta spend money to buy the hotel.
Oh and they'll eat detritus and micro algae, etc. that flows through ur sump and settles there.

OP
OP
LFCBVB

LFCBVB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a sump without a refugium and zero lights, I had tons of copepods in it. If they go hungry, they'll move around and make it to the tank to become delicious food for the fish and inverts and corals. The copepod "hotel" is the same concept but you gotta spend money to buy the hotel.
That sounds hilarious, but I think I know what you mean lol

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 62 43.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.4%
Back