Copper band butterfly ?

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys,

I’ve done a bunch of research and finally picked up a beautiful copperband. After 2 days I have gotten him chasing down brine shrimp like a mad man from the water column.

My main concern though is that brine shrimp isn’t beneficial enough to keep him healthy? Or will he be able to survive off brine?

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try Mysis. It is the only thing mine will eat, other than pods that he spends his days tracking down. I defrost the cubes and soak them overnight with Selcon and vitamins. He is about 8-9 years old.

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Defrost some mysis and mix it with the brine when you feed it. Or mix some LRS food with the brine when you feed it. You might be able to get him eating more if it's mixed with something he eats

M007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try Mysis. It is the only thing mine will eat, other than pods that he spends his days tracking down. I defrost the cubes and soak them overnight with Selcon and vitamins. He is about 8-9 years old.

4 years and all my CBB eats is mysis and what ever he picks out of the rocks. Survived 2 power failures in 2013 that cooked and froze my reef, still going strong!

OP
OP
Tyreef2016

Tyreef2016

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An occasional treat of Live Blackworms couldn't hurt either.
I’ve been looking into getting some black worms. Hard to find locally and was nervous about shipping with the dropping temps right now at night..

To everyone else thank you! I’ll try alittle mysis mixed with brine Today. I stayed away from mysis since my clowns don’t enjoy it as much and it mostly became waste. Glad to see some good experience once they are eating frozen.

joe berkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a vidio with the owner of aqua box, he recommended lfs fish eggs among other things but said nothing about tradacna clams being safe from them he and others have suggested smearing food in an open clamshell witch makes me think they are not but I haven't been able to find info either way

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back