Copper banded butterfly and a fox face?

Blue Meg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve developed an aiptasia and want a copper banded to help with the problem. My tank is an 85 gallon mixed reef. Currently I have a fox face that is almost six inches. Will there be a compatibility issue?

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a pic of my Foxface and Copperband peacefully coexisting.

1627152677341.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ive had these two together more than once and NO issues

kenchilada

Palytoxin Abuser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you understand the care a copperband requires. I feed mine live black worms every single night using a turkey baster. He will not touch frozen or dry food of any kind even though I’ve had him for nearly a year.

B8293672-21DC-4F9A-BB30-FAFCF4977997.jpeg

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you understand the care a copperband requires. I feed mine live black worms every single night using a turkey baster. He will not touch frozen or dry food of any kind even though I’ve had him for nearly a year.

Make sure the Copperband is eating frozen food AT LFS before purchasing. Constant feeding of live food is a lot of work.

OP
OP
B

Blue Meg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Everything else in my tank goes crazy on the frozen. The fox face is a pig. That being said, I’ve been pouring bags of pods into the live rock and fuge for a while and now have them all over the sides of the tank. How do copper banded butterflies do with a bunch of pods?

Salted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve developed an aiptasia and want a copper banded to help with the problem. My tank is an 85 gallon mixed reef. Currently I have a fox face that is almost six inches. Will there be a compatibility issue?
Don't get a cbb under the assumption it will handle your aptasia. Mine will not touch it. I killed mine by boiling some tank water (couple ounces) in a little cup then quickly sucked it into a 50ml syringe and spraying it directly with the boiling water. Worked perfectly but luckily my aptasia was by itself no risk of harming a neighboring coral. That being said my cbb eats my home made frozen like a pig, diving in and going head to head against my kole tang and sailfin tang right from my hand.

reef pirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't get a cbb under the assumption it will handle your aptasia. Mine will not touch it. I killed mine by boiling some tank water (couple ounces) in a little cup then quickly sucked it into a 50ml syringe and spraying it directly with the boiling water. Worked perfectly but luckily my aptasia was by itself no risk of harming a neighboring coral. That being said my cbb eats my home made frozen like a pig, diving in and going head to head against my kole tang and sailfin tang right from my hand.
Over the years I tried cbb and failed. Then aiotasia got so bad I tried again. This past time I started with a clam shell with chopped clams held by a rubber band. Then snuck in some frozen bloodworms. Now Cooper and loves blood worms and eats everything. Aiotasia long gone as well. Have had the cbb for 3 years which I think is super lucky for cbb fishes..

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my two, and on the foxface yes the blue is there naturally (Not the lighting). Still can’t figure out why however on all of my fish the blue pigments have been out much more - both Cirrhilabrus lubbocki show more blue than anything and so does the melanospilos angel.
image.jpg
C820E854-7224-435C-8E5C-5E7382E54878.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back